Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2009, 12:35 AM

Re: Anyone changed career?

Originally Posted by Losos ->
I am a bit like Nero, have changed course too many times I did my apprenticeship with Pye Telecom part of the group that made Pye radios and TV's which some of you may remember.

Have been at various times:-
Telecom system designer
Security equipment salesman
Oil pipeline technician (Saudi Arabia)
Company 'resident representative' (Papua and New Guinea)
Debt collector (In between contracts)
Oil rig telecoms technician (Australia)
London Underground quality control engineer
Landfill power generator technician
Mobile phone engineer (Orange )
And a few other jobs for the MoD which I don't think I'm allowed to mention on here

Problem I had was I couldn't work with fools and generally opted to move on rather than put up with them
Jeez Harvey, . . and I thought I was a rolling stone, . . having so many different jobs lets you see the world though don't it.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2009, 07:44 AM

In my early years I went through 17 [yes 17!] jobs. It all settled down as I became self-employed --now I'm on my last one 'house-husband!'
LEAHTAO
Cumbria UK
LEAHTAO is female 

24-09-2009, 08:08 PM

I'm on my last job too ...as a retiree but there's still plenty to do
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Jeez Harvey, . . and I thought I was a rolling stone, . . having so many different jobs lets you see the world though don't it.
Yes, Denis it certainly has, no way do I wish to imply that staying put in one job is bad, in fact it has certain advantages (e.g. pension) but I'm glad I got to see and work in so many different jobs, has helped me to make sense of this crazy world we live in and has also taught me that even 'tho a person might be a Chief Executive of a multi national company, a government minister, or some media celebrity, it doesn't mean that person has any brains, morality, or compassion.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top