Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 01:14 PM

Re: Liam neeson

I notice no one ever condemns the rapist only Neelson.
The whole thing is pathetic.
Storm in a teacup.
Who is the same person they were 40 years ago...go on then throw the first stone.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 01:25 PM

Well I didn’t like it . Especially when he said the words “kill him” .
Would you’ve been for understanding if he had met and killed an innocent man.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 01:31 PM

[QUOTE=AnnieS;1633643]It was racist. It's interesting that he felt the need to share it.[BVQUOTE]

I don't feel it was racist at all Annie. It is a normal family/friend reaction to a horrific crime committed. One can perfectly understand the immediate rage he was feeling at the time, whether as he said, it was a black, Irish Brit or Polish person.

The only people blowing this out of all proportion are the Politically Correct wallies, the usual Twitter trolls and Black activists with a permanent chip on their shoulder.

Liam Neeson himself has admitted he was completely in the wrong in his thinking back then 40 years ago and realised how wrong he was once his rage had subsided. In my eyes, by saying that, he is not - and never has been - racist. Only those who crave to find fault with others would think otherwise.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 01:33 PM

I saw this very interesting interview with John Barnes yesterday, which gives a slightly different perspective to it..........

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 01:48 PM

An excellent response from John Barnes despite the efforts of the interviewer to leap on the negative aspects of Neeson's remarks.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 02:06 PM

Good for John Barnes. A sane voice in a mad world!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 03:49 PM

Whatever happens, people won't let it rest until his career is damaged. Blown out of all proportion fgs it was 40 years ago and had a revengeful thought that he didn't act upon. I think most of us have thoughts that we correct ourselves on at some points in our lives.

Forgive him father coz he has sinned, let's hang him why don't we.

He spoke honestly and his honesty is going to be the ruin of his career coz people can't forgive a moment of revengeful thought.

I think he is being used as an example. Nothing he can say or do will be good enough. The media will be having a field day.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 05:47 PM

I agree Queenie.

Some will not let this go now. They are going to make a meal of it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 06:05 PM

What if we turn around this scenario.

Imagine for instance, if say Denzel Washington was in a similar position and said "I'm going to 'kosh' a white man". What would the outcome then be?
Or are we not allowed to talk about that?
I'm sorry but I do think that black people can be just as "racist" as white people. The difference is that they always feel persecuted against and play the race card.
Furthermore, they call each other "N-----s" in general conversation.

Why can't this planet get real for once? Too many do-gooders these days.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2019, 06:31 PM

So Liam Neeson makes a huge internet storm which goes viral . . . . and why??

Because he's just releasing a new film which is all about . . . .wait for it . . . .

revenge !

MASSIVE publicity stunt and the world fell for it hook, line and sinker !!!!

And these people get to vote !!

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top