Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:22 PM

Re: Do you wash your hands?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Strange question I know, but there are some strange people about.

This man doesn't.

https://news.sky.com/story/tv-host-p...ecade-11634378
The dirty bugger.

I'd avoid him like the plague. If he never washes his hands, who knows what else he never washes.

I wonder whether he has a wife or partner.

Perhaps s/he never washes either!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:25 PM

I wash mine a lot, I'm always petting pets or gardening, I always wash them before touching food.
That guy must get his hands wet if he showers or baths or washes anything, so he must be telling fibs
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The funny thing is that it's our computer keyboards and mobile phones that harbour the most germs.
Indeed!

Mobile phones are seven times dirtier than TOILET SEATS, finds new study (and those with leather cases are even filthier!)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...new-study.html

A survey of office workers even found two in five take their mobile phones into the bathroom of their workplace. Only 20 per cent cleaned their phone after taking it with them into the toilet

n 2011 scientists at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine found one in six mobile phones were contaminated with faecal matter, including the E. coli bugs which can cause food poisoning and stomach bugs.

The previous year, consumer watchdog Which? had examined 30 phones, concluding that the bacteria on one was ‘off the scale’ and capable of giving its owner a serious stomach upset.

The latest study looked at 50 phones, recording the highest bacteria reading for a smartphone in a leather case, which was also a wallet, and showed up almost 17 times the amount of bacteria on a toilet seat.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 05:03 PM

I'm meticulous about cleanliness. I wash my hands after every toilet visit, even before if I'm at work as my hands are filthy from handling stock.
Before meals, after blowing my nose, after every time I come in from outside, after putting rubbish in the bins. I keep hand sanitiser in the car. I wash my hands in hospitals and use the spray dispensers at the doctors.
I sometimes get three showers per day - one on waking up, another if I'm at the gym and another before work following my pre-shift kip as it wakes me up and stops me from being grumpy.
We should always wash our hands when we come in from being out - handling cash, opening doors, holding barrier rails, etc. All a major but usually hidden cause of infection.

That man in the video is a dirty, reesty vile person who should be placed in an industrial washing machine and hung out to dry.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 07:31 PM

I used to repair hand dryers, it never ceased to amaze me , how many people never washed their hands after visiting the toilet, both men and women, when I had the district nurses visiting me after surgery, a few of them never washed their hands, relying instead on the hand sanitizer gels, surprise surprise, I got an infection, and had an overnight stay in hospital, ..nice..
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 07:51 PM

A lot of the hand gels kill bacteria, but not viruses.

I use a hand spray that kills viruses as well. There aren't many about...in fact this one might be the only one. Boots sells it.

I should add that I prefer washing with soap and water, but I use the spray when I'm out and about without easy access to a loo.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 08:31 PM

I'm a hand wash freak and gel in my bag type.
And, when it's bin time the gloves come out. I'm not handling rubbish bins without gloves on!
Then it's gloves off - and yes, I have to wash my hands!

What I can't understand are the assistants who handle food with their disposable gloves on. Yes, that's fine to wear the gloves. But after handling the food they handle the money -
then go on to the next customer and handle their food still with the same gloves on.
What's the point of wearing the gloves!

And what about this bloke

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ned-penis.html
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
And what about this bloke

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ned-penis.html
24-year-old who claims to have slept with 40 women tells TV doctors investigating his foul smell he 'didn't know he was supposed to wash it (his penis)'

Examination revealed a serious case of smegma - build up of cells and oil

Smegma is a cheesy-looking substance that can build up if a man does not wash his penis every day.
Smeg .....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 08:50 PM

I’m constantly washing my hands
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Smeg .....

Tut Omah, I was being kind to everyone not putting what it was all about - after all, it's not long after we've all had our tea/suppers

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top