Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 08:08 PM

Hats! For the distaff members

Maybe this belongs in Nostalgia! A post on the other forum re weddings and hats got me thinking....does anyone ever wear hats anymore outside of formal occasions like that?

I wear a baseball cap in the mild months to keep my hair from blowing about and the sun out of my eyes, and a wool hat in Winter for warmth. Cannot remember when I last wore a real hat!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 08:19 PM

Re: Hats! For the distaff members

I never wear one except, begrudgingly, for weddings of close family.

I really hate them

My daughter can wear a hat of any size or shape and it always suits her whatever the style....she is so lucky!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 08:20 PM

Thats really funny you should mention that, my friends family had a milliners for a couple of generations and there was an old article in the paper which she had brought in to show me recently.

We always wore hats to weddings and funerals, I don't 'do' hats as such but do have a couple of rain hats.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 08:23 PM

Have never worn a hat even to weddings because I look so silly in them and also can't stand anything on my head-starts me off itching and drives me mad. Will wear a bob-hat in winter when out walking but it has to be very cold for me to do that.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 08:27 PM

My aunt was a hat person; her best friend was a milliner so she always got an excellent price and had hats galore. She was one of those people who can wear them and look good. Not me!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2009, 09:35 PM

I only wear a woolly hat in the colder/wetter months to walk the dog can't abide the things really....
susieq
New Member!
South Wales
susieq is female 

20-09-2009, 10:16 PM

My husband is a wedding photographer and we very rarely see hats at weddings these days, even the mums and grandmothers who always wore hats dont seem to do it anymore.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

20-09-2009, 10:33 PM

Actually, men don't seem to wear hats now either as a rule. All my old family pics from the 20s, 30,40s show them with hats. Funny how fashion changes,
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2009, 12:00 AM

I wear the hood of my coat up in the winter to walk the dogs, but hats, never wear one...
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2009, 12:31 AM

On really freezing days in winter I wear a Balaclava.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top