Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 09:40 AM

Equinox Tuesday

No aliteration on thread title today, but seeing as there are only two equinoxes per year I thought it could take its place atop the daily thread.
What a nice morning again, though I think cloud is forecast to set in for later. As I type I see leaves falling from the hedge ... that old 'year hurtling along' feeling. I've planned an afternoon at the allotment, doing a lot of post-summer tidying and making the place look a bit better. No digging though. I may do some later in the year but am looking to move towards more raised beds and a no-dig regime.
I'll stop twittering now and head off to see what the other threads hold. Am intrigued as to how the 5-word story is going.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 10:35 AM

Re: Equinox Tuesday

Morning DM, beautiful day here, although very windy again...The weather is weird very unseasonal! one of my trees has lost all its leaves already....Saw a huge flock of pink footed geese go over so winter definitely on its way...
Have a great day everyone...
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 11:16 AM

Ah I'd forgotten about the the equinox! Its very blustery here, but still nice and bright. The dogs are high as kites with the wind
Enjoy the day everyone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 11:41 AM

That's it then, downhill all the way to winter! I just wish that they didn't drag on for so long, especially when we appear to be experiencing no summer as such lately.

Not a lot happening here today, I had an appointment with the dentist earlier for a check-up....... all clear for another six months
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 11:51 AM

Its a lovely day here, down south. It started off a bit blustery but now its breezy but sunny, it was perfect for our walk this morning. I am off to work this afternoon, probably be fairly quiet now that the children are back at school.

Hope you all have a good day.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 01:14 PM

G'day all, what a night that was, . . howling winds and wheeley bins going walk-about, . . it's still blowing a gale so it'll be sweep the leaves up time when it subsides.
misty
Northamptonshire UK
misty is female  misty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 01:46 PM

Hi everyone, not bad here plenty of sunny spells, fairly windy, but nowhere near as windy as in Scotland!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 02:40 PM

It certainly feels like the autumn equinox has arrived and the long light days are behind us It is starting to go dark early evening and the trees are already shedding leaves at an alarming rate .

It is very blustery and warm today, my son has just been for lunch and bought his dog with him so we took the dogs for a good run across the fields before he returned to work .

I hope everyone has a good day...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 04:29 PM

A lovely day on my side of the Pond; partly cloudy but mild (22 degrees), 30 - 50% chance of afternoon showers, which we need. The Old Farmers Almanac is predicting a colder and snowier Winter .... oh how I hope they're wrong! No news here, just the usual market run.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2009, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
A lovely day on my side of the Pond; partly cloudy but mild (22 degrees), 30 - 50% of afternoon showers, which we need. The Old Farmers Almanac is predicting a colder and snowier Winter .... oh how I hope they're wrong! No news here, just the usual market run.
Hi Dmom just wanted to say it's lovely to hear what is going on 'over the pond' and to make comparisons with our weather and other things . I do think the Internet is wonderful bringing us all together

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top