Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 11:45 AM

Oh No

Oh no! that collapsing, useless, failing, undemocratic, pointless, bureaucratic, organization the EU has just signed the biggest trade deal ever. Good lad that Junker.

I think that's on top of the one's with Japan and Australia

Still, it wont matter to the UK as we will be picking up the offal and the EU can have the steaks.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 11:50 AM

Re: Oh No

Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 11:54 AM

Not having heard this news of agreement to the draft for this free trade treaty I had to check it out for details. It's not, as far as I can see, shown on the usual various news channels so for others who need some details there is a link below:

https://www.dw.com/en/eu-south-ameri...aty/a-49406638
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 11:56 AM

We're mainly vegans now anyway.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 12:24 PM

Another of Trumps fake news releases
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We're mainly vegans now anyway.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 01:06 PM

Plenty of other sources of information about this now, perhaps the one I previously posted was the first to break the news?

Links below for those who are interested to some of those other sources:

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-19-3396_en.htm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8980036.html

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-06-29/...ee-trade-deal/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48807161
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Oh no! that collapsing, useless, failing, undemocratic, pointless, bureaucratic, organization the EU has just signed the biggest trade deal ever. Good lad that Junker.

I think that's on top of the one's with Japan and Australia

Still, it wont matter to the UK as we will be picking up the offal and the EU can have the steaks.
I'm interested to know how the EU protects the irish beef. Post brexit the export to the UK on wto terms will have a tarif, decreasing this export?
British import of beef is mainly from ireland, the rest from brazil with the wto tarif ireland is going to pay. Brazil will move their export from UK to EU (no tarifs)?
So in effect the irish beef will be more expensive for the british consumers. Will they be willing and able to pay this price?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I'm interested to know how the EU protects the irish beef. Post brexit the export to the UK on wto terms will have a tarif, decreasing this export?
British import of beef is mainly from ireland, the rest from brazil with the wto tarif ireland is going to pay. Brazil will move their export from UK to EU (no tarifs)?
So in effect the irish beef will be more expensive for the british consumers. Will they be willing and able to pay this price?
Brits as consumers are used to getting the shaft when it comes to prices. I mean, we have been in the EU for a while now but we still pay over the top for our cars; so it doesn't really matter to us whether we are in, out or shaking it all about, if there's an opportunity to be had by our lovely politicians for stitching us up, they will take it.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->

Every thing will cost more after brexit, will it not? Unless some one on here can identify a commodity that wont, most unlikely because they can't even identify what the advantages are with doing our own trade deals.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top