Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 01:35 PM

Re: Memories of the 50's & 60's.

Who remembers the six five special? - every Saturday at 6.05.

I never used to miss it unless I had an early date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bOJVeC2vvM
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Who remembers the six five special? - every Saturday at 6.05.

I never used to miss it unless I had an early date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bOJVeC2vvM
I remember it, but it was not something my sisters and I would have been permitted to watch even if we have wanted to, and I definitely didn't, a horrible noise, imo.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ahem! See post number 7!!
Weren't they a nightmare?

Oh yes! And the 'twist' dresses - which flared or had pleats on a dropped waist line. Used to catch my heels in mine after twisting down almost to the ground!

LOL, posted without reading through any of the posts first ST. but it certainly was true. I would put new stockings on and when I got home would have a hundred holes in them from the net. AND they were flippin uncomfortable when one sat down. rough and itchy.

Loved the drop waist dresses.

Does anyone remember the Tartan miniskirts with the big sturdy safety pin?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I remember it, but it was not something my sisters and I would have been permitted to watch even if we have wanted to, and I definitely didn't, a horrible noise, imo.
Yes, we had Ready Steady Go, Six Five Special, Duke Box Jury, and of course the famous Top of the Pops. I even sometimes watched The Old Grey Whistle Test. Anything that I could get music out of. Of course, the rest of the time it was listening to Radio Luxembourg.
Annette
Germany
Annette is female  Annette has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 02:21 PM

Living in the Netherlands no uniforms for school, no teacher would even consider slapping a child(would have been fired immeditatly) and a progressive upbringing.

I loved it
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes, we had Ready Steady Go, Six Five Special, Duke Box Jury, and of course the famous Top of the Pops. I even sometimes watched The Old Grey Whistle Test. Anything that I could get music out of. Of course, the rest of the time it was listening to Radio Luxembourg.
I remember Juke Box Jury and Top of the Pops. I think my youngers sisters watched those, but of course they were no interest to me as I dislike music.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 01:51 AM

Bouffant hair styles - all that backcombing and lacquering - it's a wonder we didn't end up bald!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I remember Juke Box Jury and Top of the Pops. I think my youngers sisters watched those, but of course they were no interest to me as I dislike music.
Just out of interest Tara what do you like ( apart from knomes )
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

27-08-2019, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Just out of interest Tara what do you like ( apart from knomes )
I like me being me, and many other things too. I don't actually like gnomes, but I really enjoyed the jokes we had with them a few weeks ago.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 08:51 AM

Those big stiff net petticoats, layer upon layer of pretty net to make your skirt stand out.

Mum bought me a beauty, peachy colour and all sparkly, but I couldn't wear it at the time as I had burnt my upper thigh quite badly and the net scratched the skin as it was healing.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top