Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 10:29 PM

word games

recently there seems to be a lot of word games appearing on the forums.

Is it because members have given up on other subjects to talk about. It is a shame if that is how it is going in the future.

Diversity makes forums interesting , if all is now going to be word games I can see a lot of members leaving

Just checked and at the present there is 13 or 14 word game headings out of 25 under the new posts heading.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 10:34 PM

Re: word games

I noticed that too, I rarely play word games on forums & it does seem a shame there are so many now. I prefer photo games.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 10:36 PM

Some of us just prefer a bit of light hearted stuff to all the stupid ongoing Brexit arguments and bad feeling, Bazza

No one's got to join in if they don't like games, have they, same as I don't join in on the Politics.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 10:41 PM

Mups it is the increase in the number of word games recently in new posts that concerns me.
Nothing wrong in having a few and people enjoying them. I just wondered if it was necessary to have so many
it is pushing out other subjects is the problem

now up to 16 headings since i last looked
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 11:02 PM

Realspeed we have always had plenty of word games since the forum began 10 years ago, it's nothing new. Many members like the games section and it's still very popular. Many members join just to play the games, there is nothing wrong with that .... all are welcome.

I can't see why it should concern you, some of the games are good exercise for the brain.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

27-08-2019, 11:04 PM

Mags it is just an observation not a complaint.However it would be nice to see more variety in"New posts"
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Mups it is the increase in the number of word games recently in new posts that concerns me.
Nothing wrong in having a few and people enjoying them. I just wondered if it was necessary to have so many
it is pushing out other subjects is the problem

now up to 16 headings since i last looked
You are able to click on New Posts excluding games/jokes!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 11:14 PM

It's good to `play` a few games after reading the poison and bile posted by some (on the politics and Brexit threads in particular). It's good for reducing my blood pressure.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

27-08-2019, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by judd ->
it's good to `play` a few games after reading the poison and bile posted by some (on the politics and brexit threads in particular). It's good for reducing my blood pressure.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 12:12 AM

The reason I stay on here is because it has a wide variety of subjects in forums and a fair spread of ages with people. If you're into political and social issues you can discuss/argue/fight your case here. It's reasonably tolerant as far as opinions go. There are extremes, mostly to the political right but you don't get banned for expressing an opinion regardless of what it is. It is a UK forum and most of it's members are from there. Obviously it is going to be "Brexit Central" here for some time to come. If you're into music, humour, games, gardens, cooking, cars. sports..just about anything, you can find your niche. I think there's room for everything here. I personally love general knowledge quizzes and I am a pub quiz tragic. My whole family is. Word games are great and I'm happy to see them here of course. If you're not into them you don't have to participate yeah?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top