Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 11:54 AM

Re: Vegan Protestors

I never understand this sort of bullying, Ive been a veggie since I was 15 I tried being a vegan and became very anemic, obviously I wasn't a good vegan. But it never occurs to me to tell anyone else what to eat, as long as I am happy and others are happy what is it to do with me what they eat ? Young children certainly need more calcium than a vegan diet will offer. Older children 14 onwards IMO make up their own mind you can't force them they decide. I have cooked meat for my lot for all the time I have been veggie, more recently everyone has decided individually to join me in my veggie diet which is much easier but I'd never have told them or bullied them into doing it.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 12:38 PM

So true Julie. A classic case of the supposed Tolerant being totally intolerant of others way of life. I was watching a programme the other day. The presenter was interviewing a Vegan teenager in front of a milking shed on a farm. When the vegan was asked her thoughts on farm animals such as cows, sheep and pigs. , When asked what should happen to all of these animals if we all stopped eating meat and the slaughter of them for meat, Her response was ''we should just let them be born, live and die a natural death''.

Doh! talk about cretinous.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Burt Lancaster walks again
Annette
Germany
Annette is female  Annette has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 05:56 PM

My husband and I are reenactors. We go to medieval markets.
In those days one did not have synthetic fibers to keep them warm, they used leather and fur.
The fur of the animals they ate, and they used every single part of.
So we wear fur.

Usually coming from grannies attic, like the fox I wear around my neck.
Sir Percy, thats his name, is at least 120 years old. A lady in her mid-80 gave him to me, it belonged to her mother, and her grandmother before her.

Is it respecful to throw Sir Percy in the bin?
Or is it better to let him keep me warm after so many years?

We have a vegan in our group, she wears fake-fur.
Nowadays one can hardly see the difference anymore.

Still, she was attacked by some vegan for her ´fur´.

These fanatics are dangerous, as all fanatics are.

The very moment a person starts to force his/her way of life up unto others there is something wrong.
And the very moment a person starts using violence in whatever form to force his /her way up unto others they are terrorists.

No matter if they make (death-)threaths, destroy shops, call names, or occupy a factory forcefully.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 12:26 PM

I read today that a Vegan diet robs the brain of essential nutriments
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 01:19 PM

Vegans need to remember too the production of crops for them to eat still kills animals, it would be a rare field didn't have mice or insects small mammals etc that are killed during growing or harvesting, they aren't entirely free of guilt.

I've never had a problem with meat as long as it's produced with as little cruelty as possible, it is possible to be humane all through the production process. As for fur if it's off a meat animal I have no problem, it's when it's animals we don't eat we just use the fur I get a bit upset. Personally I have a pink acrylic not too many acrylics died in it's production I hope.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

30-08-2019, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I read today that a Vegan diet robs the brain of essential nutriments
I would guess it depends on the quality of the diet, as I said earlier I made myself ill because I wasn't a good vegan, I do think if people put the thought into it a vegan diet can be fine.
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 02:50 PM

Why do they try to push their views on others, makes me sick Get a life and stay out of mine.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 09:30 PM

Meat pies are good for you......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 09:39 PM

Marge's sister is from the planet Vega.

She also became a born-again Christian some years earlier.

She's very easily-led.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top