Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 08:40 AM

Young Drug Dealers offered free driving lessons.

Is this right ? I can see and understand the opening up of career opportunities, ...but 'driving lessons' ?
I did in fact think it was a joke when I first read it. More like a career in 'delivery service'... we'll pay !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...XjtoSA4d2FZEAU

Young drug dealers are being offered career opportunities, boxing sessions and driving lessons in a bid to end the "revolving door" of reoffending.

Offenders are given training instead of facing court but participants suspected of crimes while on the scheme would be charged, police said.

The Call-In scheme has been launched as a pilot in Bristol.

The Home Office said operational decisions lay with chief constables but "we expect them to enforce the law".

Drug convictions in England and Wales dropped slightly in 2018 to 67,831 from 75,695 in 2017. They were at their highest in recent times in 2012 at more than 98,000 in a year.

Det Supt Gary Haskins said police wanted to "take a chance" with young dealers before they became one of these statistics.

He admitted there was a risk they could reoffend during the mandatory six-to-nine months but said it was a risk Avon and Somerset Police was willing to take.

Sessions offered during the Call-In scheme, which has funding from Bristol City Council, include non-contact boxing to look at fitness and anger management and a course with Street2Boardroom, which aims to help people to apply "the hustle" they have learned on the street to legitimate business.

Mr Haskins said the scheme also helped people to get the necessary paperwork and qualifications to work in the construction industry, provided driving lessons and if appropriate, English lessons.

A Home Office spokesperson said: "How police choose to pursue investigations is an operational decision for chief constables.

"We must prevent drug use in our communities and support people dependent on drugs through treatment and recovery."

The police told the BBC one person on the Call-In scheme had been removed and charged with dealing class A drugs. He will appear in Bristol Magistrates' Court in September.

Another has been removed after being found in possession of a weapon
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 09:09 AM

Re: Young Drug Dealers offered free driving lessons.

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Is this right ? I can see and understand the opening up of career opportunities, ...but 'driving lessons' ?
I did in fact think it was a joke when I first read it. More like a career in 'delivery service'... we'll pay !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...XjtoSA4d2FZEAU

Young drug dealers are being offered career opportunities, boxing sessions and driving lessons in a bid to end the "revolving door" of reoffending.

Offenders are given training instead of facing court but participants suspected of crimes while on the scheme would be charged, police said.

The Call-In scheme has been launched as a pilot in Bristol.

The Home Office said operational decisions lay with chief constables but "we expect them to enforce the law".

Drug convictions in England and Wales dropped slightly in 2018 to 67,831 from 75,695 in 2017. They were at their highest in recent times in 2012 at more than 98,000 in a year.

Det Supt Gary Haskins said police wanted to "take a chance" with young dealers before they became one of these statistics.

He admitted there was a risk they could reoffend during the mandatory six-to-nine months but said it was a risk Avon and Somerset Police was willing to take.

Sessions offered during the Call-In scheme, which has funding from Bristol City Council, include non-contact boxing to look at fitness and anger management and a course with Street2Boardroom, which aims to help people to apply "the hustle" they have learned on the street to legitimate business.

Mr Haskins said the scheme also helped people to get the necessary paperwork and qualifications to work in the construction industry, provided driving lessons and if appropriate, English lessons.

A Home Office spokesperson said: "How police choose to pursue investigations is an operational decision for chief constables.

"We must prevent drug use in our communities and support people dependent on drugs through treatment and recovery."

The police told the BBC one person on the Call-In scheme had been removed and charged with dealing class A drugs. He will appear in Bristol Magistrates' Court in September.

Another has been removed after being found in possession of a weapon
Crazy and then some!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 11:28 AM

Yes it sounds crazy but I can see the positives of this idea.
Most kids now leaving school have no job opportunities.
So any of these individuals who want to learn what ever is on offer then why not help them.

Lets face it the powers to be are right they will do their time and come straight back out on the streets and start dealing again.Perhaps learn more ways not to be caught in prison as well.

Not to keen on this teaching them how to speak English.
Thats suggesting to me that the dealers are immigrants and really if they are villains then they should be shipped back to where ever they came from.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 11:59 AM

So they can get further and beat up their rivals ? I can see what they are trying to do but surely while we have homeless and food banks and NHS falling apart there are better things to spend taxes on ?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
So any of these individuals who want to learn what ever is on offer then why not help them.

Lets face it the powers to be are right they will do their time and come straight back out on the streets and start dealing again.Perhaps learn more ways not to be caught in prison as well.

Thats suggesting to me that the dealers are immigrants and really if they are villains then they should be shipped back to where ever they came from.
Well, hopefully once Brexit has been put to rest and things settle down, Boris and Priti Patel will put an end to all this Liberal rubbish of rewarding criminals and crime.

The first thing that should be thrown out is the ''three strikes and you are out'' madness.

Teaching drug dealers to drive? that should help them get around in their trade. Doh!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, hopefully once Brexit has been put to rest and things settle down, Boris and Priti Patel will put an end to all this Liberal rubbish of rewarding criminals and crime.

The first thing that should be thrown out is the ''three strikes and you are out'' madness.

Teaching drug dealers to drive? that should help them get around in their trade. Doh!

I LIKE the three strikes principle. If the SOB's haven't learned that criminality is socially unacceptable then take them out of society until they are no longer a cost to society.

Put them in long term storage.

What's more change prison from simply a place of incarceration where having restrictions on freedom is considered as being sufficient punishment in itself into places of long term storage with no social contact while banged up and if they eventually emerge as broken-spirited broken-hearted window-lickers then so much the better.

Places like that located at Long Kesh (The Maize) used during the invasion of the UK by Fenians would be ideal.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 06:16 PM

Give em the Birch, don't reward them punish the scum.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 06:34 PM

I am gobsmacked .
These are drug dealers.
People who make money on the misery of others .
How young I wonder is young.?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->

There is a large Somali community in Bristol and a big market in students because of the university .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 08:38 PM

oh hell, it gets worse, oh yeah, lets reward bad behaviour, bloody ridiculous.

There are thousands of youngsters who don't break the law, they don't get free driving lessons.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top