Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 09:29 AM

Re: Good Morning Friday !

Good morning everyone one cool and sunny here in SW Midlands. Going to catch up on some house work now it is cooler. Shopping coming this afternoon, so just thinking what to do for dinner. Hope you all have a good day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 09:46 AM

Gold morning all, overcast here but dry at the moment although a cooler breeze than of late..

Dogs walked and Asda shopped, now just having a brew before clipping the side hedge.

Blimey Tabbles that's at lot to do all at once, try not to get the recipes mixed up won't you...

Happy hols Summer...

Enjoy your day everyone
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:36 AM

Good Morning everyone.....
Excellent five mile run this morning......and fast....I think I'll keep on being a runner for a bit longer...
Rushing out to a Garden Centre for lunch and pay for a New Year Cruise at the office nearby......Catch yer all later...
AnneS
Morayshire, Scotland
AnneS is female  AnneS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 11:31 AM

Good morning. It is a bit drizzly here this morning, but I can see blue skies amongst the clouds. Have a great day, whatever you are doing.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 11:33 AM

Last night i at last managed to install the latest version of windows10. previously all I did was type in "windows update" in the start box. This didn't work even though it said new windows10 update available.
After several goes I gave up on that and did an internet search and found a page that said " Windows 10 update assistant"

so I followed the instructions and yippee it works now have the latest version of windows10
Doing the update took about 2 hours on a 36 Mbps download computer speed

When it had installed there was a choice of keeping existing programs or a complete new start, so I elected to keep the programs. Then it comes up with the ones it doesn't save .

Ok now at the stage of having done all that i found several things not mentioned i had to reset

such as no auto sign in on startup and deleting splash screen- redoing the wireless internet connection to the printer ( router code on printer needed installing again) - photo editing suites - my additional Xonar sound card (worth getting). Then programs such as revo uninstaller-and a couple of others, so it doesn't save to main screen all of them. I did find most when opening up the computer "C" drive however.

Most of the updates however don't apply to what I use, so it is up to the individual to decide to do the update or not

so that is how I spent most of yesterday evening. Today a final couple of tweeks. the most annoying thing is I now can't just click on Gmail it needs a couple of more actions which I have to see if i can overcome.
Reading up on it there is a bug(glitch) in the widows program causing this happening supposed to be a patch so will have to see if i can find it

well it keeps me busy

Link on how to do auto startup sign in.

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 05:03 PM

Our middle daughter and her younger son (15) have been visiting their family here in North Wales and Chester. Our grandson is 6ft tall three inches shorter than his older brother (17). He has been most helpful and carried downstairs a very heavy bookcase, that I couldn't lift. He lifted it as if it was as light as a feather, which it certainly isn't. It was made in the 30s and is of a very sold construction. My husband has no problem lifting heavy objects on a flat surface, but can't carry things up and downstairs, since his brain haemorrhage.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top