Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 02:28 PM

Re: Why are products withdrawn for no apparent reason ?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Try being a tesco customer they have ruined the value range and now we have a mess of new names for things, now they have stopped bags for home deliveries which is causing havoc for the drivers and customers. I think they just don't really care. I hope you can find the cream you need, just had a look and both ebay and amazon have it if that is any help. not much cheaper than you have quoted though.
I so agree Julie, I used to love to be able to get blu for the loo in the value range, (5 for a £1) and every bit as good as the ones I have to revert back to at just 1 for £1.
I wished I had stocked up on them because they suddenly disappeared, and they are not the only thing. They also used to do toilet rim bleach blocks, again 5 for £1 but hey, they too have disappeared along with other similar items that I used to get for the bathroom. They have ruined their range.

It's a shame about the Dettol Antiseptic Cream. I do get packets of 10 x Dettol Antiseptic wipes from Tesco at 80p for a pack. They are pretty good, but the cream seems to be a thing of the past. I seem to just pick up as a matter of habit, Germoline Antiseptic Cream, which seems to do the trick for us.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I thought on the site Galty posted to you that £land sell it for £1 ?
[URL="https://www.poundshop.com/dettol-antiseptic-cream-30g.html"]https://www.poundshop.com/dettol-antiseptic-cream-30g.html[/[url]When go into that it tells you it's unavailable which is what I'm saying , you can't get it ?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Falling sales would seem to be the obvious answer.
More like gold dust I would say to warrant that selling price from Malaysia .
As I said it has a unique germ fighting ingredient other creams don't have .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 05:06 PM

Hate it when they stop a product that's useful. I like Cif direct to floor cleaner, but can't find that anywhere now.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 05:59 AM

THat is a coinkydink. I went looking for the very same Dettol ointment myself in our local pharmacy the other day. THey'd always had it before and now..gone. "Sorry we don't have that anymore" Luckily I got another locally made one that is really good but yes Dettol is the best for sure.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 06:15 AM

That's a very good question.

Coles and Woolies currently have stopped producing their own brand Arrowroot biscuits and the former seems to no longer stock their own brand reduced salt Buttery Blend Spread.

Even Big W appears to have joined this trend with their Essentials brand of woven boxer shorts being sold off cheaply - I bought 6 pairs for $6 while I still can.

It's an outrage. If this keeps up I shall be shopping with all the poor people at Aldis.
Zuleika
North West UK

31-08-2019, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
THat is a coinkydink. I went looking for the very same Dettol ointment myself in our local pharmacy the other day. THey'd always had it before and now..gone. "Sorry we don't have that anymore" Luckily I got another locally made one that is really good but yes Dettol is the best for sure.
keezoy you can buy here from eBay and Amazon but all the sellers listed ( a whole page of them in eBay offering 1 -30 tubes made in England from £8.90 per tube ) are in Malaysia !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
More like gold dust I would say to warrant that selling price from Malaysia .
As I said it has a unique germ fighting ingredient other creams don't have .

Zuleika, would it happen to be Cetrimide you are talking about?

If so, Superdrug do an antiseptic cream with Cetrimide, and so do Boots, and they are a lot cheaper than the Dettol.
Have a peek here:

https://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/...m-30g/p/254644

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/1589/pil

(My goats udder cream used to contain Cetrimide too, not that that's a lot fo help).
Zuleika
North West UK

31-08-2019, 12:08 PM

No Mups. That's not a property in Dettol antiseptic cream

Dhttps://www.drugs.com/uk/dettol-anti...m-leaflet.htmlAs I said previously they're unique to Dettol .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 12:28 PM

Oh, OK.

Can't think of anything else, sorry.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top