Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 08:56 PM

Grandchildren - do you always side with them?

I'm often accused (light heartedly) of siding with my Grandchildren against their parents (my children).

If an argument comes up about how they dress, who they make friends with, how they spend their earnings, I always seem to come up on their side.

I must admit to having had idge full of chocolate when work took me away from home, or slipping them a few bob when they overspent.

I can see the point, from my own offspring, about how that makes things more difficult.

Maybe I should try to be more balanced?

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 09:01 PM

Re: Grandchildren - do you always side with them?

As his lordship is only a few months old he can do no wrong in our eyes, gorgeous and cute.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 09:02 PM

Ted, l think we are softies when it comes to grandchildren.
I realise, it’s a different time so l always stick up for mine... even though they can be brats at times!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:28 PM

No I would never interfere in any argument between my grandchildren and their parents, I would keep out of it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:35 PM

Is one allowed to advocate the benefits of not having to consider such new beings.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 11:05 PM

I suppose we are lucky. The two come and stay with us most are very well behaved. No tantrums, eat well, get in the shower or bath and go to bed when told to. They have their own bedrooms here,a landing in between and Max guards it.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 12:12 AM

No grandchildren yet but have had similar relationship with little nieces and nephews. (2 of each) in the past. They were more like siblings than cousins to our son and around the same age. They are big nieces and nephews now. They always used to say.."It's soooo much more fun here than at home..can we stay pleeeeaase!"..haha It was a lot of fun most of the time but they did get demanding with "soft touch" Unc and Aunt.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
As his lordship is only a few months old he can do no wrong in our eyes, gorgeous and cute.
Similar thing here.
All of mine (2 grandkids, 2 foster kids, 1 other) are all between the ages of 7-10 so they're not into being lent money etc yet.
However they do know how to wrap me around their little finger and give them sweet treats etc. I then get a ticking off from Mrs. F for being soft
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 05:11 AM

As 4 of our grandchildren in their 30's, are married and have children of their own, we've pretty well stepped back from family discussions that don't actually concern us.

In the past we did our best to stay out of our kids/grandkids lives except to offer advice when asked. Fortunately we're a family without much drama and everyone socializes quite well.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 09:00 AM

I used to have a joke with a couple of my grandsons when they were younger about their mother, our middle daughter. They would moan about how mean their Mum was not letting them do something or other. I would tell them that as she was being so terrible I would contact the social services immediately and have them taken into care! It is funny how they suddenly realised their Mum wasn't being so unreasonable after all.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top