Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 04:20 AM

Good Morning Saturday

Morning all.
Can't sleep. Still dark yet so I can't report on the weather here.

No plans today but I do want to 'test the water' with a completely different exercise routine based mostly on cardio instead of weights. This hernia abd back trouble has given me food for thought I think.

Other than that we'll see what Mrs. F has planned.

Have a nice day all
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 05:25 AM

Re: Good Morning Saturday

Good Morning Floydy and all who follow.

Going to be humid and rainy here today.

If anyone was thinking of going/coming to York today - don't - it is closed!

Apparently there is some sort of political rally going on in the city centre. So if you needed to shop or go to the market - forget it.

Plus - some obscure little pop person is being wed in the Minster. Fergie and her two brats are going to be there, William and Kate have been invited but their attendance has not yet been confirmed. This means the Minster is closed - even to it's parishioners.

Said pop person is having her £10,000 reception in marquees in the grounds of Castle Howard - which means the Howard estate, house, and walled gardens are also closed - for security reasons.

I shall be eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new freezer while continuing with my marathon stint in the kitchen. The relishes are done, the vegs for the chutneys have languishing in brine overnight - just put the next lot of jars into the sterilizing pan - it will be another busy day!

Have fun.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 05:28 AM

Good morning Floydy, Tabbles and to all that come later. Windy here and overcast but still a pleasant 15deg, maybe a shower later apparently...

After walking the dogs I may have to pop into town to pick up a new jacket for the forthcoming wedding of a favourite niece, I may even invest in a new tie.... although maybe not, best not go overboard eh....

Enjoy your weekend everyone
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good Morning Floydy and all who follow.

Going to be humid and rainy here today.

If anyone was thinking of going/coming to York today - don't - it is closed!

Apparently there is some sort of political rally going on in the city centre. So if you needed to shop or go to the market - forget it.

Plus - some obscure little pop person is being wed in the Minster. Fergie and her two brats are going to be there, William and Kate have been invited but their attendance has not yet been confirmed. This means the Minster is closed - even to it's parishioners.

Said pop person is having her £10,000 reception in marquees in the grounds of Castle Howard - which means the Howard estate, house, and walled gardens are also closed - for security reasons.

I shall be eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new freezer while continuing with my marathon stint in the kitchen. The relishes are done, the vegs for the chutneys have languishing in brine overnight - just put the next lot of jars into the sterilizing pan - it will be another busy day!

Have fun.
Watdoyoumean obscure little pop person ?
It's the famous Ellie Goulding.
Famous for lots of hits like....um , and there was that other one with the famous watshisname....um....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Watdoyoumean obscure little pop person ?
It's the famous Ellie Goulding.
Famous for lots of hits like....um , and there was that other one with the famous watshisname....um....
Sorry, Smiffy, never heard of her.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 06:09 AM

I've just looked her up on youtube and one song has been watched by over one BILLION people.
So here it is :

No,sorry it's not working at the moment Phew!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 07:16 AM

Morning all.

Oh well, I wasn't planning on going to York today any way.

Nice and sunny here, its going to be another warm day here.

Off to the shops soon.

Have a nice day all.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 07:29 AM

Good morning everybody.

I've been offline since Tuesday due to broadband problems so it's nice to be back to normal.

Just shopping & general chores today and more playing around with my new smartphone. I only had it yesterday - it's a Honor 10 lite & at the moment I can't make heads nor tails of it!

Have a good day all.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I've just looked her up on youtube and one song has been watched by over one BILLION people.
So here it is :

No,sorry it's not working at the moment Phew!
I've never heard of her either!

For anyone who does wish to know who it is has managed to close down York today, and can be bothered to read about it all, here it is:

https://www.hellomagazine.com/brides...castle-howard/

Just a 'small do' you understand at a local cathedral with the reception at a nearby castle, with just a few guests. I will not comment on the identity of those guests though, for fear of being incarcerated in the Tower!

A final comment: This information was posted by "Baz46 of the county of Cambridgeshire".
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 07:46 AM

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all!

It is cool here this morning. The forecast is for a a dry and warm morning with cloud and some patchy light rain this afternoon. Maximum temperature 27ºC.

Luckily it’s not winter yet though, the central heating should have been serviced yesterday afternoon but this has had to be changed to next Friday now. The heating engineer had simply run out of time so couldn’t make it!

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top