Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 12:12 PM

Re: Good Morning Sunday

Good Afternoon fellow forum jockeys.....
(it was morning when I started writing this)

I hope your Hernia is not too painful Floydy and you are soon back on your feet, do be careful if you intend to do some exercise while you are still in pain....Pain is for a reason!

It's strange Lion Queen, but most times when I've been abroad I end up with something nasty in the following weeks....Colds or sore throats, maybe the body's way of adjusting to the different climates....

I never really felt the love on my eight mile run this morning. With sun and cloud and a good bit cooler than of late it should have been a good run, but I never got into the zone and ended up with just a mediocre jog out into the country.

It's been the festival of art down at our local church this weekend, with local artists exhibiting their work, and some brilliant artists there are in the village....Who knew!
So I had a mosey down there yesterday and was surprised to see the church tower open for climb up. After navigating the cramped spiral stone stairs that seem to climb up forever you arrive at the bell tower, very impressive with it's six massive bronze bells. I certainly wouldn't like to be here when they are ringing, it's bad enough at my house almost a mile away.

From the bell tower there are a couple of wooden ladders that take you to the small hatch that leads out onto the roof. The ramparts are guarded by four evil looking gargoyles, but the views are breathtaking. It's fairly flat round here and you can see the three power stations - Drax, Eggborough and Ferry Bridge (soon to be demolished) and the tall television masts of Emley moor and Holme Moss some forty miles away.
We were lucky to have excellent visibility, the last time I climbed the tower it was misty in the distance and saw nowt'.

Mrs Fox has been enlisted to look after a stall today, so it looks like a recovery nap for me later....
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 02:20 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49543412

This made me giggle, Frankie got stuck in a lift for 25 minutes and was late for his weekly prayer in St Peter's Square .
AnneS
Morayshire, Scotland
AnneS is female  AnneS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2019, 02:33 PM

Good morning/ afternoon. A quiet day for me and online church hosting. Last night a friend came round and we ate Indian food and had a glass or two of prosecco - lovely. I need a nap now lololol

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top