Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 07:29 PM

Re: Why Do Some Couples Need To Renew Their Marriage Vows?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LQ, You forgot... Uh huh huh... with a snarly lip!!
John did that, didn't you hear him?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 07:30 PM

Great photo and great memories Queenie

When you were asked 'will you take this man etc', did you reply "uh huh huh"?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Great photo and great memories Queenie

When you were asked 'will you take this man etc', did you reply "uh huh huh"?
I said "YES, YES, YES" whilst swinging my head from side to side hahaha
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 07:33 PM

Why is the word "need" interjected in the question? And are we all agreed that weddings have to be a costly event?

My wife and I were married in the parsonage of our pastor with only our parents, wife's sister and the couple who stood with us. An otherwise dreary, rainy day in February. Following the wedding, we had lunch with our wedding couple and off for a short honeymoon. That was almost 64 years ago.

We thought of exchanging vows on our 50th when our kids had a far more fancy gathering of friends and family at a nearby place where wedding parties are their specialty. In the end , we didn't bother (with the vows) but did enjoy the festivities.

Sometimes we forget that weddings come in all shapes and sizes. Some last and sadly, many don't. That seems to be of more importance than how many times a couple chooses to recite their wedding vows.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

17-09-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
Why is the word "need" interjected in the question? And are we all agreed that weddings have to be a costly event?

My wife and I were married in the parsonage of our pastor with only our parents, wife's sister and the couple who stood with us. An otherwise dreary, rainy day in February. Following the wedding, we had lunch with our wedding couple and off for a short honeymoon. That was almost 64 years ago.

We thought of exchanging vows on our 50th when our kids had a far more fancy gathering of friends and family at a nearby place where wedding parties are their specialty. In the end , we didn't bother (with the vows) but did enjoy the festivities.

Sometimes we forget that weddings come in all shapes and sizes. Some last and sadly, many don't. That seems to be of more importance than how many times a couple chooses to recite their wedding vows.
Congratulations on 64 years of marriage Dave. Certainly something to celebrate.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 07:56 PM

Just love it, LQ - my kind of thing!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:04 PM

Mups, l still do not understand the need? Aren’t words and actions enough?
So if one of the couple had committed adultery, the other forgave them and they retook their vows. Does this make it all right again? Does it guarantee that the cheating won’t happen again?

It never even entered my head about adultery, Art, and I can't see what that's got to do with it either?

I can't really imagine anyone that wants to commit adultery would want to renew their marriage vows - more likely want to ditch them surely?

As you can see, I don't think we're thinking the same along the same lines on this subject, Art.

P.S.
Just had another thought. Maybe sometimes a couple think how nice it would be to have their children and grandchildren present too? After all, they never saw it first time round.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It never even entered my head about adultery, Art, and I can't see what that's got to do with it either?

I can't really imagine anyone that wants to commit adultery would want to renew their marriage vows - more likely want to ditch them surely?

As you can see, I don't think we're thinking the same along the same lines on this subject, Art.

P.S.
Just had another thought. Maybe sometimes a couple think how nice it would be to have their children and grandchildren present too? After all, they never saw it first time round.
Mups, l thought the reason you retook your vows, was because you had broken them?

LQ, Please, Please don’t think l am referring to you.
This is just for general discussion purposes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:33 PM

Mups, l thought the reason you retook your vows, was because you had broken them?

LQ, Please, Please don’t think l am referring to you.
This is just for general discussion purposes.

I've never heard that one before?
No wonder we were on crossed lines.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 08:36 PM

I suppose it’s a matter of choice and a chance for a knees up.
It amazes me why people have big weddings that cost so much if they need go into debt to pay for it .
Surely a wedding can be small and intimate and really need cost very little .
What is important is the two people making the vows .

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top