Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:30 PM

Re: Why Do Some Couples Need To Renew Their Marriage Vows?

I love Mrs Fox and would never break my wedding vows and believe that the solemn promises I made were for life and in that respect I could never marry again...I'm not saying that I would never leave Mrs Fox, if life became intolerable it would be best for both of us to separate and find happiness apart, but she would always be my wife......

But I would rather put my hand in a fire and pluck out a burning coal rather than get married again.....
Buy her a new house or take her on a round the world cruise to celebrate a milestone in our marriage...But marry her again.......NO CHANCE!.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:41 PM

One learning curve is enough for any geezer, or maiden.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I love Mrs Fox and would never break my wedding vows and believe that the solemn promises I made were for life and in that respect I could never marry again...I'm not saying that I would never leave Mrs Fox, if life became intolerable it would be best for both of us to separate and find happiness apart, but she would always be my wife......

But I would rather put my hand in a fire and pluck out a burning coal rather than get married again.....
Buy her a new house or take her on a round the world cruise to celebrate a milestone in our marriage...But marry her again.......NO CHANCE!.....
I hope you don't mind me asking Foxy, but why?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I hope you don't mind me asking Foxy, but why?
Because we've both changed Lion Queen....

And Marriage has been devalued and weddings turned into a money making circus...
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 10:36 PM

Me and my wife Annie did it on our 25th Anniversary. Why did we do it? Simple. We didn't "need" to. We just wanted to. It meant something to us. Didn't really matter what anybody else thought about it. It's a personal thing. And it didn't cost us a cent.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Me and my wife Annie did it on our 25th Anniversary. Why did we do it? Simple. We didn't "need" to. We just wanted to. It meant something to us. Didn't really matter what anybody else thought about it. It's a personal thing. And it didn't cost us a cent.

Special anniversaries are when I thought most people did it too, Keezoy.
Glad it was so meaningful to you both.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 11:10 PM

I don't just see the point in all of this. By all means celebrate your landmark anniversaries,anything from the first, to the big ones, silver , golden, or if you're really lucky, platinum. Renew your driving licence, passport, tv licence, etc., but not your vows, you took them once, you meant them then, that should be enough.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I don't just see the point in all of this. By all means celebrate your landmark anniversaries,anything from the first, to the big ones, silver , golden, or if you're really lucky, platinum. Renew your driving licence, passport, tv licence, etc., but not your vows, you took them once, you meant them then, that should be enough.

Aah, I can tell you're an old romantic at heart then, John.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 11:14 PM

once was enough for Sue and I and that was scary enough let alone renewing them. Our 25 is long past and now closing fast on our 50th if we make it. Possible a decent holiday to celebrate who knows, but we have had a good few of them already.

i was thinking about it and actually how stupid it is to go onto one knee to ask a women to marry a man. He looks a right idiot struggling to stand up again. Why do it? and not just say lets get hooked and shove a ring on her finger?

Then here is the bride wearing white why? is it to match the kitchen furniture.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2019, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Aah, I can tell you're an old romantic at heart then, John.
Mups, me and the old girl are just chugging along, 43 years, no need for any stewards inquiry, it's a love that dare not speak it's name. Oh by the way, that's from some soppy old movie, we were watching recently!!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top