Join for free
Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:27 PM

Re: The Prorogation Court Case

Hi

The Supreme Court is concerned with the Law and that is that.

Boris a member of the Establishment and the Political Elite.

Lady Hale is a Grammar School girl from Yorkshire who got to the top on merit, not who she knew

All she has done is made sure that nobody is above the Law and in doing so, has done us all a favour.

The thought of Corbyn suspending Parliament to get his own way is horrendous.

The whole of the Supreme Court have made mincemeat of the Political Elite and told Parliament to sort it out.

It is a vital principle of our way of life is that nobody is above the Law.

We need an Election, the sooner the better, a majority in Parliament and then out we go.

We are in a mess, but it is nothing compared to the mess that Corbyn would make of it.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

24-09-2019, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Lady Hale is a Grammar School girl from Yorkshire who got to the top on merit, not who she knew

All she has done is made sure that nobody is above the Law and in doing so, has done us all a favour.

The whole of the Supreme Court have made mincemeat of the Political Elite and told Parliament to sort it out.

We need an Election, the sooner the better, a majority in Parliament and then out we go.

We are in a mess, but it is nothing compared to the mess that Corbyn would make of it.
Excellent post but I don't think the leave will be as easy as you make it seem. Only time will tell I guess
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:39 PM

Hi

Johnson misunderstood the law because there has been no legal precedent set with regard to prorogation before.

That's not so bad.

There was NO mention in the summing up that any lies were told .

Unlawful, Void and of No Effect were the words used.

None of this was a ruling or commentary on the validity of Brexit..........So Brexit continues.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes PD, It seems the establishment has closed ranks to put
the kybosh on brexit?
The honourable Justices have now confirmed what l have
always suspected, that they are biased towards the the
establishment!

They have done this by not making any comments on what
tactics were used by parliament and the remainers in the two
years prior to Boris's actions? And l think they did this
willfully because they are really just a construct of the estab
designed to work FOR the establishment!
Their ruling was totally unbalanced!!
Now it seems we are to be denied an early election to solve
all this senseless shyte?
I agree. These people, who are supposed to be completely unbiased, have shown themselves not to possess this very important property.

It makes me wonder just how unbiased are judges in general. We have seen many examples to confirm their bias, such as women being 'spared jail' for criminal acts which, committed by men, would have resulted in imprisonment.

I wonder just how often similar 'sentencings' have benefited the friends and business associates of these judges, and this anti-Brexit judgement must surely confirm such a bias.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The ruling was for democracy not against it. Boris cannot just shut Parliament up and do what he likes. You should be celebrating that rather than lamenting it.
It may have claimed to be for democracy, but which democracy?

And it conveniently 'forgot' the ignoring by Parliament of a democratic decision to leave the EU without any compromise.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

24-09-2019, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Johnson misunderstood the law because there has been no legal precedent set with regard to prorogation before.

That's not so bad.

None of this was a ruling or commentary on the validity of Brexit..........So Brexit continues.
Precisely. People are making way too big a deal of the court ruling. The prorogue is now sorted, and we move on.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

That's not so bad.

Hi

Now this is a first, I agree with you.

I would add that I am disgusted with Corbyn saying that that this proved Boris acted illegally.

He did not, the Supreme Court made that clear, he acted unlawfully, which is a very different thing altogether.

Boris took legal advice from the Attorney General, which has turned out to be wrong.

He is not a criminal.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

24-09-2019, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree. These people, who are supposed to be completely unbiased, have shown themselves not to possess this very important property.

It makes me wonder just how unbiased are judges in general. We have seen many examples to confirm their bias, such as women being 'spared jail' for criminal acts which, committed by men, would have resulted in imprisonment.

I wonder just how often similar 'sentencings' have benefited the friends and business associates of these judges, and this anti-Brexit judgement must surely confirm such a bias.
Wonder all you want JBR. The prorogue was dealt with and we now move on. All parties prior to the 3 days agreed it had nothing to do with Brexit. It's only in your own head that it's anti-Brexit.

The added time in parliament increases the chances that UK citizens can continue to be protected from unlawful activity. That is what parliament are there for. Anything you think of beyond this is only your opinion, and is likely a conspiracy theory that fits around your narrative.
AidoPotato
UK
AidoPotato is male 

24-09-2019, 10:55 PM

Hi

Now this is a first, I agree with you.

I would add that I am disgusted with Corbyn saying that that this proved Boris acted illegally.

He did not, the Supreme Court made that clear, he acted unlawfully, which is a very different thing altogether.

Boris took legal advice from the Attorney General, which has turned out to be wrong.

He is not a criminal.
Agreed. I don't think Boris intended to act illegally at all. Cox mis-advised him which is why Cox's head is now on the chopping board. The rumours circulating at the moment is that Rees Mogg's head is also on the chopping board.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:16 AM

This point from Tim Shipman political editor of the Sunday Times re the legality of Johnsons decision to prorogue ....

He was told by his attorney general that it was. Court says it wasn’t, fine. But the degree of gloating today is exactly why people voted to leave and exactly why if the establishment is seen to overturn the referendum result there will be hell to pay at the ballot box and worse

Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top