Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 08:46 AM

Re: Do You Ever Miss ‘How it Used To Be’?

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I miss the the neighbourhoods where everyone knew each other and looked out for each other. A time when you could leave your doors unlocked and money owed to the milkman or coalman left on the doorstep without it being nicked.

All gone, sadly.
My list exactly and it's a sad reflection on today's society when the above ways of life are just memories
Front door key on a length of string hung behind the letterbox .. those were the happy days
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:06 AM

Have to say I despair at the modern generation. Strikes me is all they want to do is take drugs -get a sexual infection - drink and not work but live on state handouts - be politically correct and gay.

Yes bring back the old days when a copper could clip you around the ear and not be up on assault charge. When the older generation were still respected and not mugged.

Housing was a problem but not as bad as it is now- you talked to your neighbours and if you needed help there was always someone you could call on. Less traffic on the roads. A lot less red tape with officials now wanting to know how often you wipe your arse.

We had a government not embroiled in bickering as they are at the moment and no thoughts about not trading with the world but only with the EU which had not been formed. New Zealand lamb was always available in the shops for example.

Yes bring back the old days every time
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:15 AM

I don't think about 'how it used to be' but live in the moment
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:16 AM

I don't think about 'how it used to be' there seems to be little point in doing that, I live in the moment
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't think about 'how it used to be' but live in the moment
Good plan, Meg.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Have to say I despair at the modern generation. Strikes me is all they want to do is take drugs -get a sexual infection - drink and not work but live on state handouts - be politically correct and gay.

Yes bring back the old days when a copper could clip you around the ear and not be up on assault charge. When the older generation were still respected and not mugged.

Housing was a problem but not as bad as it is now- you talked to your neighbours and if you needed help there was always someone you could call on. Less traffic on the roads. A lot less red tape with officials now wanting to know how often you wipe your arse.

We had a government not embroiled in bickering as they are at the moment and no thoughts about not trading with the world but only with the EU which had not been formed. New Zealand lamb was always available in the shops for example.

Yes bring back the old days every time

My sentiments exactly. I have had my collar felt and a clip around the ear from our local bobby many times, once for tying his bike to a lamp post.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't think about 'how it used to be' there seems to be little point in doing that, I live in the moment
That's how I try to live too Meg - I find looking back makes me feel maudlin. I know some folks enjoy reliving their memories of the past but it isn't for me I'm afraid.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:45 AM

Music!

I sometimes wish music would go back to when it was just a bit of fun and singers/ bands seemed to be enjoying themselves rather than shoving their miserable politics down our throats.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:45 AM

What triggered the theme for this thread was me sitting at the table eating my dinner and being nostalgic!
My mind wandered back to the days when l was married and my children were younger, We were all together under one roof as a family, happy and laughing.
l’m now divorced, my children are grown up, with their own lives but for that moment, l missed how it used to be.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2019, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What triggered the theme for this thread was me sitting at the table eating my dinner and being nostalgic!
My mind wandered back to the days when l was married and my children were younger, We were all together under one roof as a family, happy and laughing.
l’m now divorced, my children are grown up, with their own lives but for that moment, l missed how it used to be.
The thing is Art, in ten years time, you will be looking back to now thinking how you miss it.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top