Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 03:46 AM

The Fall

I am watching "The Fall" on Netflix. It is a crime drama that takes place in Northern Ireland and there is a little of the sectarian violence referred to in the plot.

Am really enjoying it except that the lead is played by Gillian Anderson as a seconded London police superintendent and she tends to speak in a husky whisper which can get a bit irritating but the gripping plot and strong characters more than make up for this.

Worth a look.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2020, 04:08 AM

Re: The Fall

Hey Bruce. Yes watched The Fall ages ago. IT was a good story and good series but as you said, Gillian Anderson I find irritating. Always have. Not saying she's not a good actress, it's just her voice and spooky demeanor. The only thing I ever liked her in was Great Expectations where she played Miss Havisham. She was perfect.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	havisham.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	12869  

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top