Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 04:59 PM

Re: What on Earth?!!

Has anyone got a link to the article?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
How ridiculous, what is this world coming to!

I agree, Mags.

If an adult can't tell the difference between a harmless touch and a leery sexual grope, they need their heads examined.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Well, it is the Sun so it must absolutely, incontrovertibly and totally factual........
Tablets of stone if it is in that disgusting rag.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:11 AM

Reading between the lines it strikes me that it was his creepy manner that resulted in trivial contact becoming a very different thing. Possibly the girl was a nervous type and that added to the whole package, it does say that she was shy.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:21 AM

Maybe, there is more to it? Who knows?
If he’s under threat of prison for something so trivial, then it is radically wrong.

I mean, he didn’t even do something like ‘flashing’ or being a ‘peeping tom’. Or even nicking ladies underwear off a washing line! Those crimes seem to have gone out of fashion, these days!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 02:43 PM

Both were minors at the time. The judge should have thrown out the case. The worst case scenario is that these two kids both have had a social or developmental problems that require good parenting and possibly a little counseling.

Both the girl and the boy will be forever damaged by something that should have never reached the public sphere.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 02:53 PM

Hi

If we cannot innocently flirt the human race would be extinct.

Asking a girl for a kiss or innocently touching her, not on the breasts or groin or bum is not an offence.

Grabbing her is not the way to go.

There is a huge difference

My first date was very innocent, holding hands and then a snog.

We were both useless at it.

The advice from my Grandmother was spot on.

Treat your girlfriends as you would want your sister to be treated.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The advice from my Grandmother was spot on.

Treat your girlfriends as you would want your sister to be treated.
Excellent advice.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 06:22 PM

Madness of the highest order.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Phew! thank goodness. I thought about putting my tin helmet on before posting this thread. I was so annoyed about it.

It makes me think of when I was a teenager. Boys (some I didn't even know) would sneak up behind me in the street, grab me around the waist and hug me tightly, especially on a Friday or Saturday night, even asking what did I want for breakfast? that's just the way it was when I was young.

THAT was sexual innuendo! but it never scared me, a quick kick in the goolies if they had tried to get too fresh would have sufficed!

On a more serious note though, it certainly seems the world has changed, not for the better it seems. I keep thinking surely a community order or a warning would have been sufficient in that poor boy's case. What career has he got now he is in University. Who is going to employ him with a record as a sex pervert???? It's dreadful.
It was the same for me in the 70's and 80's. Back then many girls were taught to be tough but fair. You got on the wrong side of a girl and it was either a swift kick in the nuts, a punch in the stomach or a hard punch or smack in the face. Back then also, boys were taught what the limits were when approaching girls, no touching or grabbing in certain areas of her body.

The coming up and grabbing round the waist was a common thing also. I always thought it was a term of endearment in that the person liked you or was a good friend and it was their way of saying 'hello'. Now if a lad did that to a girl today, the girl is more than likely to shout 'Help!! rape'.

You know what is embarrassing, mentioning to foreign people that the UK is considering making the wolf whistle a hate crime. They just look in bemusement and then they just laugh at how stupid UK law is becoming.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top