Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 04:12 PM

Re: Mugshots

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
There you have it!

I take a photo, I log into an app with it.

That's photo recognition.

Oh! & by the way, many people use facial recognition to log into their mobile phones.

Once in there, what then?

Normally, you sit in front of your screen camera, click, and you are logged in.

Bottom line is that, if you can log in by just using a photograph then, then you are in your Facebook account with access to your friends list, your account details, etc.

Facebook won't be the only one.

If you don't believe it, fine with me!
What are you rattling on about? I was merely stating that somebody can just as easily take a photo of you in the street. It's exactly the same.
Did I really need to repeat myself?
Katerina
United Kingdom
Katerina is female 

14-10-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It does not bother me at all, just a notion that some faceless people make comments about folks who dare to put their mugshot via television or whatever, do so at the risk of attack by folks with facial anonymity, nothing more nothing less.
I think you may be speaking of my comments about Greta Thunberg being an unattractive child?

My feelings are that I may express whatever opinion I like, within the rules of course, and that what I look like does not make that opinion any more or less valid. You do not need to know what I look like in order to understand that opinion
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What are you rattling on about? I was merely stating that somebody can just as easily take a photo of you in the street. It's exactly the same.
Did I really need to repeat myself?
No, please don't repeat yourself!

This is what you said:-

"Tedc. It's only a photo of their face they are showing, not their account numbers, where they live and their complete life history.

If someone can copy their picture, then why couldn't the same person take a photo of you in the street and do the same? As far as I can see, I don't see too many people wearing a bag over their head walking around! "

I suggest that a live facebook account can be used to log into other accounts, like paypal, etc.

They would also be party to any personal info stored in the accounts.

Stiil, believe as you wish.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 04:43 PM

No, please don't repeat yourself!

This is what you said:-

"Tedc. It's only a photo of their face they are showing, not their account numbers, where they live and their complete life history.

If someone can copy their picture, then why couldn't the same person take a photo of you in the street and do the same? As far as I can see, I don't see too many people wearing a bag over their head walking around! "

I suggest that a live facebook account can be used to log into other accounts, like paypal, etc.

They would also be party to any personal info stored in the accounts.

Stiil, believe as you wish.
But that is what I said! How are you reading it differently to I was explaining it?
How odd you are!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
But that is what I said! How are you reading it differently to I was explaining it?
How odd you are!
I guess that you cannot grasp the fact that, if they can log into your account, they can access all of you personal details, once in your account, which would, in terms of Facebook, include you home address (possibly) , and, by using that logged in account to log into any other account which allows using
Facebook as a log in.

Don't bother commenting.

I'm done!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:00 PM

I think that , with the way facial recognition photography is going, more and more forum users will hide what they look like!

For example, I understand that Facebook is now into using a facial recognition log in.

If you were able to get a copy of a forum user's face photo, would you be able to hold it up, in front of your camera and use it to log on?

If you could, wouldn't you be able to get the friend list, names & addresses, and enough personal details to build a fake profile.

If so, Bingo - you're away!

This is an article I just read:-

"The Problem With Facial Recognition
You might be reading all of this and think that facial recognition is pretty cool. Well, it is, but it can also be quite dangerous or at a minimum, a privacy risk.

The big issue, of course, is privacy concerns. When you start using facial recognition software, such as on Facebook, you are giving the company data on yourself that you might not realize. It might not seem like a big deal, but when you think about all of the things that a company might be able to do with that data, it gets a bit more frightening. Experts actually say that you should be protecting your image just as much as your date of birth, Social Security number, etc. In the wrong hands, it could be disastrous."

My thought is that. if it can be scammed it will be scammed.

Sad, but I'll keep my photos private.

Hi Ted..I understand what you mean by facial recognition ...as I am on neither,face book/PayPal...I am ok I assume ,for leaving my mugshot up.?...
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

14-10-2019, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hi Ted..I understand what you mean by facial recognition ...as I am on neither,face book/PayPal...I am ok I assume ,for leaving my mugshot up.?...
Pauline, having a quick look at your forum mugshot, I think that you are safe.

The ones at risk would be those close to fitting the requirements which the Forum will require.

Haven't tried it on Facebook but I'm thinking they'd want you to be sitting a couple of feet away from your camera doing a full face shot.

That would, likely, be what the scammer would need to inject a print of.

Having said that., forums like that may well go for a double log in, i.e sending a code to your email address to confirm that it is you.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:13 PM

Pauline, having a quick look at your forum mugshot, I think that you are safe.

The ones at risk would be those close to fitting the requirements which the Forum will require.

Haven't tried it on Facebook but I'm thinking they'd want you to be sitting a couple of feet away from your camera doing a full face shot.

That would, likely, be what the scammer would need to inject a print of.

Having said that., forums like that may well go for a double log in, i.e sending a code to your email address to confirm that it is you.

Ok,thanks for explaining,Ted.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Then you'll know what a great guy I am!
It is quite obvious that l haven’t got into your head as l got the gist of this thread, totally wrong.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 05:45 PM

here is my mug shot

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top