Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 11:47 AM

Re: Rant Alert! Village Post Office.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
We are always being told we should value and support our village Post Offices/shops and, for as long as I have lived here, I have tried to do just that. Not any more, after this morning I don't give a flying ferret whether it stays or goes!

I never keep copper coins or 5p pieces in my purse - always put them in a money box - well - yesterday it was full. I emptied it, bagged up the coins and found I had £10 to play with. This morning I took it down to the PO - as I have been doing for years - to change it for the folding kind.

Woman that runs the PO was not behind the counter but was talking to a man at the back of the shop - she called out 'Wait there a minute' and carried on discussing last night's TV programmes!

Eventually she came to the counter - looked at the bags of coins and asked 'What's that?'. I explained. She scowled and said 'We don't do that!' I said they had been doing it for me for the last 30 years. She replied 'Well, we don't any more. We can pay it into your bank account but that's it'. When I asked her why - she said 'There's nothing in it for us!' This woman has always been of a sullen disposition but her attitude today was nothing short of rude.

Then went into the main part of the shop to buy potatoes and a sliced loaf for sandwich making. Took them to the counter. Young woman there was very busy - talking on her mobile phone. I waited a moment - then pointed to my groceries. Without stopping her conversation, or even making eye contact with me, she ran them through the bar code reader and held out her hand.

I left the goods on the counter and walked out.

How/why do these people keep their jobs?
That is dreadful, Silver Tabby. I worked in retail & would never have acted like that. I don't blame you walking out, I would have as well.
Luckily our corner shop/sub P O is a good one & the staff are lovely. It's a Co-op, I like the fact that when you shop there you get money on your card which you can use to get money off your grocery bill when you have enough.
I haven't had to take coins to be changed for notes though, never thought of the P O for that.
We have a main P O also, but I rarely use it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:57 PM

There must be a problem recruiting staff because they seem to take just about anyone at our local sainsbury's. They probably don't all last very long. The worst are the guys who stock the shelves and tidy the baskets etc. There was a man yesterday deliberately letting baskets angrily fall to make the maximum bang. They don't seem to care if their goods trolleys are blocking the aisle or and some appear to love causing inconvenience to customers. The same seems to be happening in so many shops. I saw a security guard pretty much throwing a shoplifter around. She was probably in her early 60s and looked impoverished. He was a big guy. You'd think Waitrose would have good customer service but even M&S isn't too good these days. I've probably seen the best service in Morrisons.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:57 PM

ST, Have they acknowledged your emails yet?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
ST, Have they acknowledged your emails yet?
Only the statutory 'we have received your email and aim to reply within 5 working days'.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top