Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 09:08 AM

Patience!

Do you have it?
How important is patience to you?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 09:46 AM

Re: Patience!

I used to have it - people have actually said to me in the past 'You have so much patience.', but the older I get, the shorter my fuse gets sadly.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I used to have it - people have actually said to me in the past 'You have so much patience.', but the older I get, the shorter my fuse gets sadly.
I'm the same, much more impatient as I've gotten older, also not as much tolerance as I used to have, I find myself getting angry at things which I wish I didn't, I don't like to feel anger.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 10:32 AM

I have immense patience when I'm working by myself on a hobby, such as making lists of music or doing jigsaws.

I have absolutely zero patience with people who can't get their act together.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 10:43 AM

Patience is a Virtue!

I think as some of us get older, we want things done, like yesterday!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 11:20 AM

My capacity for patience is very compartmentalised. In my professional life I was always very patient. With my patients and clients and with colleagues, doing research etc. But I was less patient with significant others in my life and with things I was doing outside my work. Now I'm retired I am much more patient with my family and also with tasks I undertake. I am not in such a hurry all the time.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I have immense patience when I'm working by myself on a hobby, such as making lists of music or doing jigsaws.

I have absolutely zero patience with people who can't get their act together.
You rascal, Floydy, you've been reading my mind again!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Patience is a Virtue!

I think as some of us get older, we want things done, like yesterday!
To quote my Grandma -

Patience is a virtue - possess it if you can,
seldom in a woman - and never in a man!

She often came out with weird things such as that!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You rascal, Floydy, you've been reading my mind again!
Are you the same as this, Tabby.
I think most people have patience when working by themselves, if they are allowed to get on with it.
It's others who can't think logicallly or act really daft that I can't figure out.

People who stop for no reason at roundabouts where there is clearly nothing to be seen for miles, or people nattering in shop doorways.
I have no patience with those idiots.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

22-10-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Are you the same as this, Tabby.
I think most people have patience when working by themselves, if they are allowed to get on with it.
It's others who can't think logicallly or act really daft that I can't figure out.

People who stop for no reason at roundabouts where there is clearly nothing to be seen for miles,or people nattering in shop doorways.
I have no patience with those idiots.

We have a lot in common, Floydy!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top