Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 04:55 PM

Re: Tis Super Saturday

Not beautiful here: dank, dark, gloomy and unseasonably chilly, 16 degrees plus a raw East wind. A good day to stay indoors and cocoon; did my morning library and liquor store run and have no particular plans at all.
misty
Northamptonshire UK
misty is female  misty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 06:29 PM

Turned out to be a lovely afternoon here temp 19c with plenty of sunshine.
misty
Northamptonshire UK
misty is female  misty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
It's dull again today and the soddin wind's still blowing

One bright note however , Treasure Island's on ITV, Robert Newton and Findlay Currie, little Jim Hawrrkins and all that, . . a-haaarr jim lad, . . and blind Pue, . . fifteen men on a dead mans chest, .. yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum.

A haaarr, that it be me hearties
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 06:32 PM

It also turned out nice here but we've still got a stiff breeze.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 07:08 PM

It's been a pleasant but exhausting day here. Anyway, 240 miles of tough, weekend driving, delays on the bridge at Avonmouth etc and we have little miss no-name (brown doggie) esconsed with her new Missus (my mum) and fingers crossed that all will go well.
They seemed to like each other!
I have a very sore hip - don't know what I've done to hurt it but it was no fun being in the car for the best part of 8am - 3.30pm. I'll be sleeping alone tonight - no cats no nothing - with a good dose of red wine and a couple of Solpadeine to assist.
excuse my absence whilst I sleep and repair myself x
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 08:51 PM

Evening all-not been a bad day here weather wise. Went on my usual walk this morning then it was off to do my weekly shop. Then I went and spent money on a new TV and Digital Recorder so this time tomorrow I will be watching my new TV and hopefully have set the recorder properly. Met my friend and went for another walk-now relaxing
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 08:57 PM

It has been a lovely day here today, this morning spent dog walking with my friend, working this afternoon with everyone making the most of the lovely weather. It's the trailbreak ride tonight, mountain biking from beachy head to the Park overnight. There will be some very tired people tomorrow.

Tomorrow we have the Butser run which is a fell race within the park so it could be a very busy day!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
It's been a pleasant but exhausting day here. Anyway, 240 miles of tough, weekend driving, delays on the bridge at Avonmouth etc and we have little miss no-name (brown doggie) esconsed with her new Missus (my mum) and fingers crossed that all will go well.
They seemed to like each other!
I have a very sore hip - don't know what I've done to hurt it but it was no fun being in the car for the best part of 8am - 3.30pm. I'll be sleeping alone tonight - no cats no nothing - with a good dose of red wine and a couple of Solpadeine to assist.
excuse my absence whilst I sleep and repair myself x
Gosh I'd be exhausted too after a day like yours.Really hope your mum and little miss no-name have a good night. No ideas what your mum is going to call her?

Hope your hip is ok-maybe just stiffened after sitting in one position driving. Hope you enjoy your red wine-but won't the cats be lonely tonight without you
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 08:58 PM

Hi merz, hope the new TV and recorder work well for you!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

26-09-2009, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi merz, hope the new TV and recorder work well for you!
Thanks-I'll find out tomorrow when its all put together. If it doesn't then I'll probably be on here having a whinge. I'm sure it will be ok though-I always live in hope

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top