Join for free
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 07:01 PM

Ipswich V Newcastle girl singer

Is anyone watching the football match between Ipswich and Newcastle, if so, what was the name of that girl that sang "Abide With Me" and "My Way" half time in the Bobby Robson tribute? Was she called Laura White? She was absolutely brilliant, what a lovely voice she had, sort of in between opera and hibrow. We thought she was brilliant. I'm wondering if she was in that group that Simon Cowell put together called "Angels". Any info., on her gratefully received, thanks.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 07:26 PM

Re: Ipswich V Newcastle girl singer

It's taken me some time to Google but I've found the answers. She's called Laura Wright, as a child she was in a group called "Angellis" which was set up by Simon Cowell. He fired them a year later. Anyway she is now in "All Angels" girl group.

I hate it when I hear a brilliant singer and I don't know her background, I always have to dulve in and find out where they've come from . Did anyone else hear her sing?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2009, 08:39 PM

Sorry Alicat not been watching-but I have heard the All Angels group before-they are really good
Alicat
West Berkshire

26-09-2009, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Sorry Alicat not been watching-but I have heard the All Angels group before-they are really good
They've been on Loose Women recently.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 10:44 AM

Yes it was Laura Wright, she sang beautifully, didn't she...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top