Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 07:09 AM

Salutations Sunday

Morning all...ah the hallowed day of rest [but no rest for the wicked!] Ps -anyone seen Dinahsmum -or has she [temporarily] flown the coop?
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 08:12 AM

Re: Salutations Sunday

Good morning all.

Another nice one here. If we get moving, we might get away this afternoon and get an extra night in the Lake District.

I thought DM mentioned going away at some point, but I could be wrong
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 10:35 AM

Morning all

Lovely bright sunny day here in the south west, not a cloud to be seen...

Spending a leisurely day, just pottering here and there.

Chr1st1an.... I think DMUK said she will be acquainting her Mum with a new doggy pal she has found for her.

Jan..... have a lovely time in the Lake District, I hope this weather hold out for you. Oh....and pics would be lovely, please!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 10:40 AM

Morning. It can't make up it's mind whether to be bright or whether to be cloudy here. If the sun does lift off the cloud it looks like being a lovely day.
It appears I am experiencing an attack of sciatica - literally a pain in the buttock Very, very painful - no fun at all. Obviously all the sitting in the car Friday and yesterday has brought it to a head but it was niggling me on holiday whilst we were chateau-hopping. So, strong painkillers, walking, no strenuous exercise and copious quantities of gin, I think. Also, not doing any one activity or position for an extended time - so I'll need to remember that when I'm getting engrossed with forum-chatting.

Hope Sunday brings what you want it to bring - roast meal, Sunday sport, visiting family and friends, just chillin' - whatever
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 10:48 AM

Hi DM, your ears must have been burning

Sorry to hear about the sciatica .... that really is a pain in the arse!

Were you able to acquaint your mum with a new pal?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 10:54 AM

Yes - we collected Mum and went to collect little miss no-name yesterday - hence about 6 hours in the car and the ouches! They hit it off fine. The dog is such a shy little soul - she's obviously had no sort of life except popping out puppies, (grr to unscrupulous breeders) so it's lovely that she can have a happy retirement with Mum. I'll phone for an update this evening but leave them to get further acquianted through today before making contact. Hopefully she'll have a name by then!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

27-09-2009, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Yes - we collected Mum and went to collect little miss no-name yesterday - hence about 6 hours in the car and the ouches! They hit it off fine. The dog is such a shy little soul - she's obviously had no sort of life except popping out puppies, (grr to unscrupulous breeders) so it's lovely that she can have a happy retirement with Mum. I'll phone for an update this evening but leave them to get further acquianted through today before making contact. Hopefully she'll have a name by then!
Lovely! She will be wonderful company for your Mum...
misty
Northamptonshire UK
misty is female  misty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 12:13 PM

Hello good people of the forum. Lovely day here lots of sunshine with just a light northerly breeze.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 02:27 PM

Too late for good mornings but good afternoon..

Its cloudy here today, sunny or not nothing seems to deter the cabbage white butterflies who seem intent on getting to my broccoli Spent half the morning making the butterfly netting cage taller. I wish they would all go and hibernate or turn into chrysalis or whatever they do . I have never seen as many as there have been this year.

I Hope you all have a good day sciatica and various other ailments permitting
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2009, 03:09 PM

G'day all, we've still got the gales, . where does the wind come from ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top