Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 12:53 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 02:59 PM

...seems the ozzie 'erbert is miffed at 'leishurlee skribblez' being used to briefly talk leisurely-and breeflee-about moozic. Only subjeks wot HE hazza nintrest in are aloud. that SNOT fun. Stikkit....i pass....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 04:05 PM

Of all the animals mentioned in popular songs, Dogs and Crocodiles seem to feature more that any other.
We have “Hound Dog”, “How much is that Doggy in the window” “Bird Dog” “Walking the Dog” and many more. I can understand that seeing mans’s best friend is supposed to be the Dog (I'd say it's the Horse), but in complete contrast the Crocodile is a very dangerous creature to man, why do we sing about them? “Crocodile Rock” “Never smile at a Crocodile” “Crocodile Tears” “See you later Alligator” etc.. come to think of it we have songs about Flies, Snails, Spiders,Frogs, butterflies, Kangaroos and Snakes too.
Does anyone know a song featuring or even mentioning a Zebra or a Rhinoceros?
Maybe Gummy could write a poem or a song about that Wild Turkey he’s always chasing about the place.

This fella is looking very nervous, either he knows Christmas is coming or Gummys about with his shotgun.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 08:28 PM

Well, Jem - You asked for it!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

05-10-2018, 08:30 PM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 09:06 PM

That Turkey dance reminded me of that terrible Chicken dance they used to do, flapping your arms about and generally looking like Theresa May in Africa.

Old Frank up in the pub is 89 and he has a girlfriend, nothing wrong with that, she’s 88. they are getting married and I wish them all the luck.
As he is not too literate he asked me today to write a short email to her, I said no bother and I took up his tablet and waited for him to dictate it. He uses the tablet mostly for music
Here it is.

Dear Alice,
I miss you so, my poor heart is aching and I have arranged to see a cardiologist on Tuesday.
I hope your new wrinkle cream is better than the last stuff you got, remember last Saturday night in the pub when a lump of it fell off your face and into my glass of stout, how we laughed, well you didn’t laugh, you were the only one in the pub who didn’t.
It won’t be long now Dear Alace till we are together forever, so keep up your strength for the big night.
Love, your one and only Frank xxx.

Bless his dear old soul, doesn’t it make you feel good to do someone a favour.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

05-10-2018, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
That Turkey dance reminded me of that terrible Chicken dance they used to do, flapping your arms about and generally looking like Theresa May in Africa.

Old Frank up in the pub is 89 and he has a girlfriend, nothing wrong with that, she’s 88. they are getting married and I wish them all the luck.
As he is not too literate he asked me today to write a short email to her, I said no bother and I took up his tablet and waited for him to dictate it. He uses the tablet mostly for music
Here it is.

Dear Alice,
I miss you so, my poor heart is aching and I have arranged to see a cardiologist on Tuesday.
I hope your new wrinkle cream is better than the last stuff you got, remember last Saturday night in the pub when a lump of it fell off your face and into my glass of stout, how we laughed, well you didn’t laugh, you were the only one in the pub who didn’t.
It won’t be long now Dear Alace till we are together forever, so keep up your strength for the big night.
Love, your one and only Frank xxx.

Bless his dear old soul, doesn’t it make you feel good to do someone a favour.
Aww Jem, you always put a smile on my face.
We started the day with Rocks, then Turkey's now Tablets.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 09:13 PM

Some folks try to reinvent the last coming, some wait for the next coming, you jingle you're small change, and takes your choice. (Giggle Giggle)
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

05-10-2018, 09:21 PM

The next coming is long overdue, over 2,000 years in fact, I reckon there should be one along any day now, and I have a feeling the next messiah will be a woman, haven't you noticed we're all in practice for it with all the new female leaders in the world today?
God help us all then.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2018, 09:23 PM

Numbers Jem, some folks were never good with them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top