Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 08:39 PM

Re: Water Meter...

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I was thinking about this thread today as I was running water from the Combi boiler down the drain, waiting for the hot water to come out of the tap.

Maybe that's why some use more on their meter?

The people next door are on a meter and I remember him saying when they changed to a Combi boiler earlier this year, that he can't believe how much water they waste waiting for the hot water.

Just a thought...
This is very true. I always use the cold tap for short bursts, such as when I wash my hands, as it's not the water that is wasted, but the gas.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This is very true. I always use the cold tap for short bursts, such as when I wash my hands, as it's not the water that is wasted, but the gas.
Yes I do that too...but sometimes if I've just creamed my face/body I want the water warm to get the grease off my hands.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 08:55 PM

Yes I do that too...but sometimes if I've just creamed my face/body I want the water warm to get the grease off my hands.
Use Meths ... it also removes slug slime
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Use Meths ... it also removes slug slime
What! Waste my drink???!!! Heathen
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2016, 09:15 PM

What! Waste my drink???!!! Heathen
oh bugger ... forgot that
Mmmmmm ... meths and tonic one of my favourites in days gone by
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2016, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Have a taste to see if it's waste?
Now Judd - that may just be taking things a little too far - well, for my taste anyway! I'll stick to the wine
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2016, 06:00 PM

I was thinking about this thread today as I was running water from the Combi boiler down the drain, waiting for the hot water to come out of the tap.

Maybe that's why some use more on their meter?

The people next door are on a meter and I remember him saying when they changed to a Combi boiler earlier this year, that he can't believe how much water they waste waiting for the hot water.

Just a thought...
Would be the same if you had a hot water cylinder.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2016, 06:05 PM

There is no leak ... the meter is in the pavement and the chap who came out turned things off and assured me there was no leak because the clock stopped moving.
If the chap turned things off before the water metre the clock would stop.

Would help to now how many in your house and what you are paying.

I live alone and my water bill on a meter is £140 a year--- my I ask what is yours.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

19-08-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
If the chap turned things off before the water metre the clock would stop.

Would help to now how many in your house and what you are paying.

I live alone and my water bill on a meter is £140 a year--- my I ask what is yours.
Can't remember what he did but it all made sense.

I'm paying £38 per month

When I initially phoned the water company, the chap I spoke to said that it sounded quite normal and he paid something like that too.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

19-08-2016, 07:40 PM

Can't remember what he did but it all made sense.

I'm paying £38 per month

When I initially phoned the water company, the chap I spoke to said that it sounded quite normal and he paid something like that too.
I use about ever 6 months 5 cubits of water cost as stated £70 odd

you should ask what do you have to pay for every cubit.

get your meter tested as well

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top