Join for free
Page 65 of 505 « First < 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 09:00 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/25/p...ics/index.html
President Donald Trump on Tuesday predicted the coronavirus is "going to go away" despite warnings from Democrats that his White House is asleep amid cresting fears in Washington that the outbreak could spark a pandemic.

The President maintained his sunny optimism about the virus that is showing signs of spreading around the world from its Chinese epicenter and is already having a huge impact on global commerce.
Trump's notorious ignorance continues to astound me .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I have just heard that my nephew's friend at college in Italy has just been tested positive...
oh no, I'm so sorry Mags. Hope your nephew is safe.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
oh no, I'm so sorry Mags. Hope your nephew is safe.
Thanks Annie

My nephew seems to be well at the moment, I hope he continues to be.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 10:13 PM

I have just heard that my nephew's friend at college in Italy has just been tested positive...
That's bad news Mags but I guess he is young so should be fine ...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's bad news Mags but I guess he is young so should be fine ...
Yes, he's 17 Meg so hopefully he will be ok.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 10:55 PM

I feel so terribly sorry for all those people trapped in hotels etc. Tenerife is a place I know really well and we have stayed in hotels close to the one affected a number of times. While it's nice for a few days of wintersun to be imprisoned there would be awful. Worrying about your flight home, what's happening to your car at the airport, your job, your pets, your medication, all that other stuff and being stuck in a resort that was heavenly but is now a living hell. You can imagine that there would be no cleaning and what would happen to food and other needs? Such places soon become disgusting when not looked after if staff are in lockdown etc. So many people who go there this time of year are pensioners, but with half term there must be a fair few with young children. I hope that they can get home safe and sound soon.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 11:41 PM

With coronavirus now spreading through populations far from its origins in China, experts say it's become a matter of when — not if — the outbreak becomes a pandemic.

That means it's now time for us all to start preparing, according to University of Queensland virologist Ian Mackay.

"We need to be aware that we are probably heading for that pandemic even if the World Health Organisation doesn't want to call it that yet," Professor Mackay says.

"It's just a matter of time."

Travel bans and quarantine measures have had success in some parts of the world, but the virus has now started killing people in parts of Iran, Italy and South Korea.

Its highly contagious nature is making it difficult to contain.

The World Health Organisation defines a pandemic as "the worldwide spread of a new disease".

It declared a global health emergency last month, but says it's still too early to declare the outbreak a pandemic.

WHO's director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, says the virus has pandemic potential but, right now, using the word "does not fit the facts but may certainly cause fear".

But that's likely to change if the number of cases keeps growing in Europe, the Middle East and east Asia.

Australia's chief medical officer, Brendan Murphy, says even though the virus doesn't appear to be spreading in Australia for now, "if there is a global pandemic, we will be prepared".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...lared/11998540

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ashampoo_Snap_2020.02.26_09h39m45s_001_.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	11691  
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 11:45 PM

Oh goodness Mags, I am so sorry to hear that.
Hope everything's alright.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
With coronavirus now spreading through populations far from its origins in China, experts say it's become a matter of when — not if — the outbreak becomes a pandemic.

That means it's now time for us all to start preparing, according to University of Queensland virologist Ian Mackay.

"We need to be aware that we are probably heading for that pandemic even if the World Health Organisation doesn't want to call it that yet," Professor Mackay says.

"It's just a matter of time."

Travel bans and quarantine measures have had success in some parts of the world, but the virus has now started killing people in parts of Iran, Italy and South Korea.

Its highly contagious nature is making it difficult to contain.

The World Health Organisation defines a pandemic as "the worldwide spread of a new disease".

It declared a global health emergency last month, but says it's still too early to declare the outbreak a pandemic.

WHO's director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, says the virus has pandemic potential but, right now, using the word "does not fit the facts but may certainly cause fear".

But that's likely to change if the number of cases keeps growing in Europe, the Middle East and east Asia.

Australia's chief medical officer, Brendan Murphy, says even though the virus doesn't appear to be spreading in Australia for now, "if there is a global pandemic, we will be prepared".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...lared/11998540

I tried to buy a some masks today ( I am in Australia ) I have already got two but thought I better stock up for my return journey
I was told they are sold out .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2020, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I tried to buy a some masks today ( I am in Australia ) I have already got two but thought I better stock up for my return journey
I was told they are sold out .
Did you try Bunnings?

Page 65 of 505 « First < 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top