Join for free
Page 67 of 505 « First < 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 09:04 AM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by big ben ->
"Britain has no reason to lock down"
Sorry, but IMO it has if it does not want this epidemic to spread across the whole country. Some schools in this area have already closed just as a precaution. Are these schools panicking?

Hi

Look on Social Media.

The kids are playing the game.

They are heroes, been abroad, pretend you are ill and get everyone two weeks off school.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 10:49 AM

Some expert on tv this morning said that masks won't stop you getting viruses. They're supposed to be for those with viruses to wear to stop them infecting others. However, when the mask gets wet from breath or mucus it seeps through and then touching it gets the virus onto hands.
Not really effective either way.

Best not to breathe
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
"Britain has no reason to lock down"
Sorry, but IMO it has if it does not want this epidemic to spread across the whole country. Some schools in this area have already closed just as a precaution. Are these schools panicking?
Just what do you want to happen here , .....please explain ?
It’s going to spread now . Your area has kids who have been to Italy ,skiing holiday ? So have other areas . So the schools are closing as a precautionary measure ,yes . What next would you like to happen?
The genie’s out of the bottle so to speak ?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Some expert on tv this morning said that masks won't stop you getting viruses. They're supposed to be for those with viruses to wear to stop them infecting others. However, when the mask gets wet from breath or mucus it seeps through and then touching it gets the virus onto hands.

Best not to breathe
Aye,good idea...everyone ..hold Your breath and that will solve everything..1,2,3,go.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't have a "team", you obviously don't understand that the word "Global" includes China who appear to be on top of their outbreak and the number of cases is declining faster than the cases elsewhere are increasing.

All the increase is outside China which is why the graph was clearly labelled "Total cases outside of China". Get it now?

I hope that helped you.
Smoke and mirrors, mate .....

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The novel coronavirus COVID-19 is affecting 43 countries* and territories around the world and 1 international conveyance (the "Diamond Princess" cruise ship harbored in Yokohama, Japan).
* Including 1st case in Greece.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Just what do you want to happen here , .....please explain ?
It’s going to spread now . Your area has kids who have been to Italy ,skiing holiday ? So have other areas . So the schools are closing as a precautionary measure ,yes . What next would you like to happen?
The genie’s out of the bottle so to speak ?
Holidays in my day were to Blackpool or some other UK seaside resort. This poor, impoverished latest generation having to take skiing holidays - my heart bleeds for them. Makes a mockery of their climate change credentials, doesn't it?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 01:52 PM

Just wondering if those susceptible to this latest outbreak don't have anti-flu vaccinations as a matter of course and thereby makes them unable to fight the virus?

Not being an expert on this like our erstwhile `R` can anyone clarify this?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

Best not to breathe
The advice is to avoid touching the face with your hands. So nosepicking is banned as a health hazard!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You shouldn't have much trouble, they are everywhere, I have two within 20km of me (in opposite directions).

The hardest part is finding what you want, they are massive.

My son says there is one in the nearest town
I just want a paper mask not one that looks like I am about to do a spot of welding or remove an asbestos roof .
Can’t believe that all the chemists are completely sold out and there suppliers have none either .
They must have sent them all to China .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2020, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The advice is to avoid touching the face with your hands. So nosepicking is banned as a health hazard!
Thank heavens, I can now look at other drivers at traffic lights without feeling sick!

What is odd is that the siblings of kids, supposedly in isolation are still going to school etc. They could be carriers.

I'm fed up with it now!
Can we have something else please?

Page 67 of 505 « First < 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top