Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 03:23 PM

Re: Opinions

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My opinion of fireworks, they should be banned for general sale & only available to professionals for organised displays. The sale of those lanterns that float in the sky on fire should be banned permanently.
Helium balloons should also be banned.
All the above are a danger to wild life & the environment.
Not sure about balloons, but agree with the rest. TBH I thought Chinese lanterns had been banned after a factory went up in flames a few years ago when some landed on the roof.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Not sure about balloons, but agree with the rest. TBH I thought Chinese lanterns had been banned after a factory went up in flames a few years ago when some landed on the roof.
Helium balloons like you buy for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, etc are plastic foil so they will never rot down in landfill. Latex balloons, on the other hand, will compost easily in about 12-18 months if left exposed to sunlight.

I thought Chinese lanterns had been banned too.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Helium balloons like you buy for birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, etc are plastic foil so they will never rot down in landfill. Latex balloons, on the other hand, will compost easily in about 12-18 months if left exposed to sunlight.

I thought Chinese lanterns had been banned too.
I take your point about plastic foil balloons.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I agree completely! I have signed many a petition against this stuff, but to no avail.
I have too, but nowt comes of it.

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Absolutely agree!

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I don't think they are & balloons in the environment do hurt animals. They are also plastic.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I can't disagree with any of that, Tiffany, as much as it frustrates me not to be able to.
Wow! Harbal.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 07:04 PM

Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 07:06 PM

My opinion of fireworks, they should be banned for general sale & only available to professionals for organised displays. The sale of those lanterns that float in the sky on fire should be banned permanently.
Completely agree!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

17-07-2021, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by bratti ->
completely agree!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 07:14 PM

I totally agree and have signed many a petition demanding all of this, but Parliament never, ever acts on it, despite the many hundreds of thousands of names added to the petition. Democracy? Hmmm....
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 07:18 PM

Fireworks of today are like mini explosions and often pet owners hate them for the pets distress...that is just one reason..

My experience in Spain with the Fiesta's... the one in our village went on day and night, the best part of a week..you would get sometimes a few hours when it was a lot quieter..just then suddenly 7.00am ish here comes a brass band with a trumpeter in front blowing his lungs out and fireworks going off left right and centre...Windows closed wooden blinds down..no escape from any of it....Fireworks just huge huge bangs,,ok the colours are amazing, but at what costs...I go with the Tiffany on this...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top