Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:42 PM

Re: Moody blues

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I thought this thread was about The Moody Blues, a 1960's band.
Oh well!
If I get mad, I throw things then feel better, I don't get moods.
Nicely played Tiffany
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:43 PM

I talk myself out of them. They only bring bad luck!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
My mood is usually very level. On the odd occasion I am in a bad mood it's either due to lack of sleep or if someone has really upset me in some nasty way.

The answer for lack of sleep is obvious, a good, restful night. A really bad upset takes longer, usually though I simply don't allow anyone to get to me in that way.

One other strange mood happens when for some unknown reason I am in a bad mood all day.
The next morning it's all forgotten and it's back to my very level mood.

Strange I know, but that's me!
Baz, the other day, I was really upset. There’s this lady that’s causing headaches for me by undermining my authority. She’s on the same level as I am but she’s the boss’s pet.

So, I called my good friend and work colleague to vent - as she does with me. She’s been through a lot recently with three members dying in her family over the past 18 months.
She said the most amazing thing to me “Bev, don’t hurt yourself” “Don’t you see that the only person you’re wronging is yourself.” I was blown away! Such a simple truth.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I thought this thread was about The Moody Blues, a 1960's band.
Oh well!
So did I. I was hoping to hear Nights in White Satin.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

16-07-2021, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Excellent point ! When down and lonely, and all alone, it is too easy to think negatively.
Yes Bakerman. I didn’t look at it from this perspective but RB is right.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

16-07-2021, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I don’t think white satin is going to feature anytime soon Harbal perhaps a music thread for you…
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:55 PM

When I'm in a bad mood, I listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6xMOTjLIaY
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Baz, the other day, I was really upset. There’s this lady that’s causing headaches for me by undermining my authority. She’s on the same level as I am but she’s the boss’s pet.

So, I called my good friend and work colleague to vent - as she does with me. She’s been through a lot recently with three members dying in her family over the past 18 months.
She said the most amazing thing to me “Bev, don’t hurt yourself” “Don’t you see that the only person you’re wronging is yourself.” I was blown away! Such a simple truth.
Yes, that's true enough and any reaction is your own so you should be able to control that. The problem I find is that with nobody to speak to about anything sometimes it just tends to go round and round in my head. That's why usually I don't let anything get to me, that's by far a better way as it then never gets to that stage.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Nicely played Tiffany

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I like that song, but never did understand it though.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

16-07-2021, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I talk myself out of them. They only bring bad luck!
My new motto

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top