Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 10:27 PM

Re: Moody blues

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->

I like that song, but never did understand it though.
Actually Tiffany - come to think of it - neither do I. And I promise, I only had 2 G&T’s
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 10:41 PM

I don't have a clue what it's about either, Tiffany.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, that's true enough and any reaction is your own so you should be able to control that. The problem I find is that with nobody to speak to about anything sometimes it just tends to go round and round in my head. That's why usually I don't let anything get to me, that's by far a better way as it then never gets to that stage.
It’s nice to have someone to talk too Baz. I’m glad to have such a caring friend - she’s amazing - we are there for each other.

Perhaps it’s time to garner some good friends? But then again, I think men are very different to women - we tend to over share
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 04:41 PM

I don't do moods - life's too short. V doesn't do them either. My ex was brilliant at them though. She could keep a bad mood going for days on end sometimes for as long as a couple of weeks.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
If you are in a bad mood, do you prefer to be left alone or have someone to cheer you up?
I like to be left alone....
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

17-07-2021, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I don't do moods - life's too short. V doesn't do them either. My ex was brilliant at them though. She could keep a bad mood going for days on end sometimes for as long as a couple of weeks.
That’s just traumatic Percy
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

17-07-2021, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I like to be left alone....
That’s great if it works for you
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

17-07-2021, 06:53 PM

Nights in White Satin is a beautiful and rather clever love song, Tiffany. It's clever because it describes the highly complex feelings of a young man so concisely. It has always been one of my favourite love songs. In my teens, I remember identifying with some of the same feelings which Justin Hayward obviously had when he was young.

Nights in white satin,
Never reaching the end,
Sleepless nights. He had satin sheets on his bed. Perhaps he had made his bed in preparation for the girl he was writing about. Satin is poor man's silk (isn't it?), and that's the best he could afford.

Letters I've written,
Never meaning to send,
Sleepless nights thinking about a girl he's fallen in love with. He's written several letters to her to tell her about how he feels, but he daren't send them; probably for fear of being rejected, which would only intensify his misery. I remember one girl I fancied at school; it took me about two weeks to pluck up the courage to phone her!

Beauty I'd always missed,
With these eyes before,
He had never noticed how beautiful she was before now. Perhaps he'd never really observed her closely enough before now, but now that he has, he can see that she has qualities which appeal to him.

Just what the truth is,
I can't say anymore,
Because I love you ...
He can't think objectively because his love is blinding him to everything but her.

Gazing at people,
Some hand in hand,
Just what I'm going through,
They can't understand,
Anyone who has a steady girlfriend is usually oblivious to the suffering of those who are desperately searching for a regular girlfriend. I've been on both sides. When I had a steady girlfriend, I didn't think at all about mates who did not have a girlfriend. But when others had girlfriends and I didn't, there were times when I thought that my mates just thought I was a bit strange. They didn't realise that I was very envious of them.

Some try to tell me,
Thoughts they cannot defend,
Don't know about this. Perhaps he's been discussing his predicament with friends, and they've been taking their girlfriends for granted whilst he just wants love.

Just what you want to be,
You will be in the end,
Again, I don't know about this. Maybe connects to the "Some try to tell me" line above. Perhaps they're simply telling him to look for someone compatible with his own characteristics.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Nights in White Satin is a beautiful and rather clever love song, Tiffany. It describes the highly complex feelings of a young man so concisely. It has always been one of my favourite love songs. In my teens, I remember identifying with some of the same feelings which Justin Hayward obviously had when he was young.

Sleepless nights. He had satin sheets on his bed. Perhaps he had made his bed in preparation for the girl he was writing about. Satin is poor man's silk (isn't it?), and that's the best he could afford.

Sleepless nights thinking about a girl he's fallen in love with. He's written several letters to her to tell her about how he feels, but he daren't send them; probably for fear of being rejected, which would only intensify his misery. I remember one girl I fancied at school; it took me about two weeks to pluck up the courage to phone her!

He had never noticed how beautiful she was before now. Perhaps he'd never really observed her closely enough before now, but now that he has, he can see that she has qualities which appeal to him.

He can't think objectively because his love is blinding him to everything but her.

Anyone who has a steady girlfriend is usually oblivious to the suffering of those who are desperately searching for a regular girlfriend. I've been on both sides. When I had a steady girlfriend, I didn't think at all about mates who did not have a girlfriend. But when others had girlfriends and I didn't, there were times when I thought that my mates just thought I was a bit strange. They didn't realise that I was very envious of them.

Don't know about this. Perhaps he's been discussing his predicament with friends, and they've been taking their girlfriends for granted whilst he just wants love.

Again, I don't know about this. Maybe connects to the "Some try to tell me" line above. Perhaps they're simply telling him to look for someone compatible with his own characteristics.
Aren't you a clever interpreter, UK GC. That does make sense.
Now interpret this one, another I could never understand.

UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

17-07-2021, 07:13 PM

Aren't you a clever interpreter, UK GC. That does make sense.
Now interpret this one, another I could never understand.
LOL! Please don't do this to me, Tiffany. Enough sogginess for one evening I think! Already I can hear people spewing all over the place!

I've just had to go and put me flame-proof undies on in preparation for the back-lash over Nights in White Satin!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top