Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 02:15 PM

Re: A Cup Of Tea Quenches My Thirst In This Hot Weather. What Quenches Yours?

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Sames as yours.
Besoeker, Do you have your tea in a pint mug if you’re really thirsty?
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Roj Blake ->
Nope if poured at a certain angle from the bottle you can reduce the frothage ( if there's such a word )

Its all science

Step 1 is easy - find a Guinness-branded glass. This may be the most important step as the harp logo actually serves as a guideline for many of the following steps. Step 2 says that the glass should be held at a 45 degree angle, and the draught Guinness should be poured by pulling the tap forwards and aiming the flow at the inside of the glass where the harp logo is. By pulling the tap forwards, the Guinness is being poured with some force. As it is forced out of the tap, and on contact with the glass, the bubbles begin to form. By using the maximum force of the tap, the gases in the liquid are agitated and form bubbles, while the 45 degree angle allows small bubbles to form, which give rise to a smoother and creamier head, rather than the larger, glassier bubbles that could form from a more turbulent landing.

I'm pouring from a bottle btw -Almost the same principle
Yep, anyone would sure be thirsty after all that
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Soda and lime is good hold the Gin
Oh not nerecessantly. I likesh a noice g&t when itsh hot too. But i am not underthe the affluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep i am.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 02:18 PM

Nope if poured at a certain angle from the bottle you can reduce the frothage ( if there's such a word )

Its all science

Step 1 is easy - find a Guinness-branded glass. This may be the most important step as the harp logo actually serves as a guideline for many of the following steps. Step 2 says that the glass should be held at a 45 degree angle, and the draught Guinness should be poured by pulling the tap forwards and aiming the flow at the inside of the glass where the harp logo is. By pulling the tap forwards, the Guinness is being poured with some force. As it is forced out of the tap, and on contact with the glass, the bubbles begin to form. By using the maximum force of the tap, the gases in the liquid are agitated and form bubbles, while the 45 degree angle allows small bubbles to form, which give rise to a smoother and creamier head, rather than the larger, glassier bubbles that could form from a more turbulent landing.

I'm pouring from a bottle btw -Almost the same principle
Roj, Have you ever tasted a pint of Guinness, or Murphy's in Ireland?
The taste is so different to from a can or bottle... well that’s what my ex husband used to say!
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

18-07-2021, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
What’s the medicinal limit RB
B12 and Iron.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Minx, l couldn’t drink cider, l’d soon be zonked out asleep!

I only have a splash of milk in tea!
The cider I drink is called Savanna - it hits the spot in the African heat. A very light cider
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

18-07-2021, 02:19 PM

B12 and Iron.
Haha - very funny…
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2021, 02:20 PM

Keezoy, It’s a shame that some of the heat here couldn’t be wafted over to your country at the moment!
Ooo no. Winter in Sydney is beeootyful morethan than it isnt. Gets cold and windy but still sunny.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

18-07-2021, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Oh not nerecessantly. I likesh a noice g&t when itsh hot too. But i am not underthe the affluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep i am.
I read that with accent

Some folks probably think I’m a drunk as well

Update: Not aimed at you RB. I can only handle one meltdown at a time
Roj Blake
London,UK
Roj Blake is male 

18-07-2021, 02:23 PM

Roj, Have you ever tasted a pint of Guinness, or Murphy's in Ireland?
The taste is so different to from a can or bottle... well that’s what my ex husband used to say!

No not yet,but its on my bucket list.
And I'm looking into one of those Scottish Whisky tasting tours.But as you well know due to Covid I really don't see my self going very far this year.So I'll just have to stick to the bottles.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top