Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 04:19 PM

Re: What word(s) do you use to desigante ..

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I used to work with someone - and she was one of the managers, an intelligent, well educated woman - who always said she had to 'go potty' when she needed the toilet
Good grief!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I never feel the need to tell people what I am going to do in the bathroom, but I know some children do!
Oh yes, Twink - I remember -back when I had a TV - there was an advert for something (can't remember what) which featured a boy - old enough to know better - who insisted he was 'going for a poo at Pauls'!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I used to work with someone - and she was one of the managers, an intelligent, well educated woman - who always said she had to 'go potty' when she needed the toilet
I don't even say that to the dog! Go potty is for babies I always thought!
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 04:24 PM

I remember Lady Docker being asked the question many years ago and answering that it was a very Non U question and the subject was never breached.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 05:17 PM

Yes, Angel.
Apparently, my mother-in-law uses the word 'tuppence', but not in my presence (where she doesn't talk about such things).

For me, it depends to whom I am talking.
In 'polite' mode, the words would be 'willie' and 'backside' (or 'bottom' if talking to the Queen).
With the lads, it's 'dick' (as in the London Police Commissioner) and 'arse'. Of course, I wouldn't use such words in front of ladies - even the ladies on here. Er... sorry ladies.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 07:46 PM

We never used anything at all . In fact sex or any sort of bodily functions were verboten .we had a Bath once a week .
It was a difficult childhood just muddled along Mr M said his was the same .

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top