Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:11 AM

Received this email today ...

from our local bus company:-

Following The Government’s announcement on lockdown restrictions easing from 19th July, we wanted to take the opportunity to remind you of some of the measures we have in place to keep our customers safe when travelling on our buses, so here’s a guide for when you get on board.

Wearing masks
We are following government guidance and recommend all customers wear a face mask whilst on board. Please remember that this is a personal choice and not everyone may wish to wear a mask.

Ventilation & Cleaning
We will continue to ensure that all windows are left open for additional ventilation in addition to our enhanced cleaning regime which will remain in place to keep you and others around you safe.

Social distancing

All seats will be in use from Monday 19th July and our buses will return to full capacity making sure we can take you to where you need to go.

Paying for your journey

Where possible avoid the use of cash and continue to use contactless on board or buy in advance using our mobile app.

Are there any restrictions still in place where you are?
Would you travel on a bus now?
Would you still wear a mask?
Would you sit next to anyone who was not wearing a mask/
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:13 AM

Re: Received this email today ...

Not sure about restrictions/guidelines.

We're off to town on a tram in a bit, so will report back later
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:17 AM

Not really relevant to you but we are in lockdown. Hope it works.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:28 AM

As with Keezoy, not relevant to you but we’re in a soft lockdown.

But I eagerly await my vaccination.
I would love to meet my friend for coffee next Friday! We usually do it as part of a birthday tradition. We will definitely observe safety protocols though.

It’s been so long since we’ve had a catch up.

We will both be vaccinated babies as she’s also having her vaccination soon!

Yippee for skippee
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:17 PM

I'd still wear a mask, got my bus pass so I don't need to buy a ticket, but I wouldn't sit next to anyone who wasn't wearing a mask, as for the windows being left open...I was in a bus last week and when I was leaving there was a notice on a window....leave this window open to allow the air flow.....It was closed
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
from our local bus company:-

Are there any restrictions still in lace where you are?
Would you travel on a bus now?
Would you still wear a mask?
Would you sit next to anyone who was not wearing a mask/
Yes
No
Yes
No
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 01:07 PM

Scotland is in level 0 now, so its a lot more freer, albeit with some restrictions. I wouldn't travel on any public transport if I could help it all - especially if they are busy, and I would not sit with somebody who wasn't wearing a mask....I just feel better with one on, really. For them and for me.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 02:24 PM

I'd wear a mask and wouldn't sit next to someone who wasn't
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 02:29 PM

Just back from our posh tea. Took an uber each way, everyone wearing a mask.

City centre was very very quiet indeed!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'd wear a mask and wouldn't sit next to someone who wasn't
Snap. At the time we travel by bus there are very few passengers on board in any case so, there are usually plenty of seats available for us to sit side by side with no-one directly in front, to the side or directly behind us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top