Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 07:09 PM

Re: Do you frequent coffee shops?

I frequent coffee shops a lot as they tend to be meeting places for me and my friends (if we aren't eating), mostly Starbucks and Costa Coffee, but because they are expensive we now go to Macdonalds a lot as their coffee is really cheap and quite nice! A Cafe Nero has just opened up near me but we haven't tried it yet.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 07:27 PM

If we go out for the day we always visit a coffee shop. Mr Mags loves his cup of coffee wherever we go, he likes Costa coffee, I don't. More often than not we go to Starbucks but I think my favourite cuppa out is in M & S cafe ..... mocha topped with whipped cream ... mmmm!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
If we go out for the day we always visit a coffee shop. Mr Mags loves his cup of coffee wherever we go, he likes Costa coffee, I don't. More often than not we go to Starbucks but I think my favourite cuppa out is in M & S cafe ..... mocha topped with whipped cream ... mmmm!
yes please mmmmmmmmmmmm

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	coffee.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	7565  
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Ha, mr mags sounds just like me..if we go out I just have to go into a coffee shop and have either a tea or a latte, and usually a cake..mrs primus can take them or leave them..incidentally, does anyone remember those vending machines that dispensed hot drinks in those little plastic cups? they were mostly vile, and you couldn’t tell the difference between tea or coffee
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
We have the usual suspects, Starbucks, Cafe Nero, Costa etc but tbh I don't like their coffee ( well cafe Nero is ok)
You get good stuff on the continent generally but Costa & Starbucks here in London are not worth bothering with.

But thanks for the Cafe Nero tip, I'll give them a go.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 08:55 PM

The only time I visit coffee shops is about once every three months when I meet up with my sister, which happened today funnily enough.
Now pubs are a different matter....
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 09:01 PM

When I was in Spain I rediscovered illy coffee

Oh now that is soooo smoo-ooth
Don't even need a glass of water with it (like the Italians do!)

I'm so disappointed with the coffee in the chain cafes, I stick to hot chocolate or cold drinks when I go to them...which is only when out shopping with friends or similar
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 09:48 PM

I prefer tea shops, the type you find in the lake or Peak District. But my favourite has to be Barker Tea House in Cardiff Arcades. A very special experience.

I'd never dream of talking to complete strangers in a place like that. But I think there is a different culture of interacting with strangers across the pond.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Not dog friendly here. He goes everywhere with us. Some pubs are and we have lunch
there once in a while.
I know what you are saying Besoeker, when I had my dog, it was the same way. She went everywhere with me.....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I only like instant coffee, which I drink in the privacy of my own home.
Tara, I like instant very much, in fact, that is what I drink when I am at home. It is Tasters Choice....love it....

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top