Join for free
Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 08:55 AM

Re: Not easy being American with Trump

I know everyone from other countries think America is crazy. It is. The people who do not support Trump, spend every day worrying. I never thought I would live in a place that would .Become so racist. So crooked.
Hi Georgia I think that is a really odd presumption.
I don't feel defined as a person by whoever happens to be prime minister .
All administrations in our two countries are temporary and if we don't like them we have the reassurance of knowing they won't be there forever.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Georgia53 ->
I know everyone from other countries think America is crazy. It is. The people who do not support Trump, spend every day worrying. I never thought I would live in a place that would
Become so racist. So crooked.

I swear I think Trump is the anti-Christ. Unfortunately I live in a red state that helped vote him into office. I want to put anti-Trump stickers on my car but I am afraid to. I am afraid someone will either shoot me or destroy my car. How sad is that? I don’t feel safe in the “Land of the Free.”

Yes, I do look for exits everywhere I go in case of a mass shooting
Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Georgia I think that is a really odd presumption.
I don't feel defined as a person by whoever happens to be prime minister .
All administrations in our two countries are temporary and if we don't like them we have the reassurance of knowing they won't be there forever.
Not necessarily odd I don't believe, perhaps this view of the poster's country and how it is now due to what is happening, has had a profound effect on how she feels. The remainder of the post does seem to indicate this. While many like yourself and me also will not feel defined by whoever is PM, the poster does not see this as how she is.

Many people have fears of what is happening in the world around them, most probably deal with them in the way you and I do, without any problem. Others however, are more fearful to start with so when the world as they see it becomes worse than it was their fears are probably heightened. Not nice at all to feel like this I imagine but if a person is like that in themselves there is not a lot they can immediately do about it.

There are ways of learning how to better deal with what seem like irrational fears to some people, these can often be very successful so do work for some people but to learn how to do this takes time.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
How does that compare with the UK (population adjusted)?
The US rate of firearms fatalities is 40 times the UK rate.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 11:27 AM

When it comes to mass shootings per Presidency, Obama is in the lead by a country mile.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 11:47 AM

I don't think America is crazy. It's a big place, they will have more nut cases than the UK although we don't do too badly. I suppose it is lucky that the nut case at the Tate didn't have a gun.

I have been to America several times and never felt I was in any danger. Even walking around new York at night felt safer than walking around London.

I like Trump. My only criticism is that he doesn't always carry out the things he says he will do. I don't see him as a white supremacist or a racist or a second Hitler (remember the Hitler rule). Here in the UK, we are used to our politicians putting non-whites first so we need someone to even the balance. I know it's early days but I can't see Boris doing that
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 11:55 AM

I haven't noticed our politicians putting "non whites" first.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
That's because you don't live in the real world Purwell.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Open your eyes.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by the artful todger ->
open your eyes.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I see nothing wrong with this POTUS. He is the least worst for many decades.
Just how I feel Artful Todger

Page 5 of 15 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top