Join for free
Page 9 of 20 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 12:59 PM

Re: EU Referendum Result - Your Views

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
It wasn't your content it was the shouting at the top of your voice.

I think Dia, has a point, I believe that most folks voted on immigration only nothing more, the government fought a bad campaign not pointing out the benefits of being in brings.
Time will tell now, just tighten your belt times will be hard.
Lots will change and it will make a big difference to our youngsters futures.
It was lighthearted and done in a Jeremy Clarkson manner.
If it doesn't suit you, fine.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
You can believe what you like Wrinkly, most people I know who voted leave also did so in 1975 long before the word 'immigration' was mentioned.
Agreed.
Immigration seems to be the excuse most of the 'REMAIN' politicians are blaming for the defeat.

No mention of the fact voters can see beyond this to form an opinion.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It never was a left versus right question though so why would all labour members vote one way ? I liked Corbyn stayed quiet and let everyone have a free vote.
It was for some people who were critical of David Cameron and the Conservatives, one of whom you agreed with. Members of all parties were able to vote with their consciences not just Labour. I didn't say they all should vote the same way.
Corbyn stayed quiet because he is a closet eurosceptic.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
It was for some people who were critical of David Cameron and the Conservatives, one of whom you agreed with. Members of all parties were able to vote with their consciences not just Labour. I didn't say they all should vote the same way.
Corbyn stayed quiet because he is a closet eurosceptic.
You will have to remind me of that I don't ever remember thinking even it was left versus right I consistently said it wasn't I believe. So much so I almost had it tattooed on my forehead to save me repeating myself again.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:33 PM

Wrinkly he called fellow members unintelligent ! Not something surely we should tolerate. I was prepared this morning to come to the forum and congratulate the remainers and hope we could somehow get changes within the European Union I wouldn't have called you or any remained unintelligent just because you had a different opinion to me.
I don't think he did Julie, he said :-----The intelligence of over half of the British public who could be bothered to vote is apparently lower than I could ever have imagined.

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion, as I said earlier folk were not educated by the government to what benefits we got from the EU, not their fault.
Also the folks haven't been told what the consequences will be, we are about to find out in the next few months, mark my words.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I don't think he did Julie, he said :-----The intelligence of over half of the British public who could be bothered to vote is apparently lower than I could ever have imagined.

There is nothing wrong with having an opinion, as I said earlier folk were not educated by the government to what benefits we got from the EU, not their fault.
Also the folks haven't been told what the consequences will be, we are about to find out in the next few months, mark my words.
We'll have to agree to differ that to me read he thinks himself more intelligent than most of us.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:42 PM

We'll have to agree to differ that to me read he thinks himself more intelligent than most of us.
And you will find that the majority of us agree with you Julie! After all those of us who voted leave were part of the " over half of the British public who bothered to vote" ! I saw no mention of " Apart from OFF members"!
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:42 PM

You will have to remind me of that I don't ever remember thinking even it was left versus right I consistently said it wasn't I believe. So much so I almost had it tattooed on my forehead to save me repeating myself again.
Try post No 38 and you're reply No 39.
Since my comments in the post you quoted were meant as an aside I don't intend to sidetrack the current topic any more so that is as far as I'm prepared to take this little niggle.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:44 PM

First of all you changed it to Members, and Dia, said British public.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-06-2016, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Try post No 38 and you're reply No 39.
Since my comments in the post you quoted were meant as an aside I don't intend to sidetrack the current topic any more so that is as far as I'm prepared to take this little niggle.
No you are right I did write that I'm not sure in my head I said it but that's what I typed

Page 9 of 20 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top