Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:44 AM

Re: Lack of sleep....solutions?

No daytime naps mate !
Your body will tell you when you need sleep, stop worrying about it...that's the worst thing you can do.
Some folks need less than others.
If it truly bothers you so much go and see your GP he will certainly be able to help you.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Once again.......thanks.

After reviewing the advice I'm going to give Rhian and Pesta's ideas a try.

I've booked a full massage with Miss Aniston and she's agreed to use Lavender oils.

If I fall asleep I'll be furious.

Ps...pesta, was Miss Aniston a guess?
She's my ideal woman......always liked her.
I gazed into my crystal ball Tpin.

No not a guess....you've mentioned her a few times while wiping the drool from your chin. Be still your beating heart
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2016, 02:09 PM

Talk to your doc-zopiclone works but it can be addictive.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree with Pats here. Sometimes people think because something is 'herbal' it must be harmless.
Although this may be the case on it's own, it is not always realised they can work differently if combined with more orthodox drugs. They can also affect how some orthodox perform too.
A person on any kind of medication or with any significant condition or allergies KNOWS that they must be careful what they eat. It's important to check everything.

Singling out "herbal remedies" is pure tosh and a typical "establishment" response. The patient should be just as wary of a Grapefruit or Apple as they are of Valerian or Chamomile or any other substance provided by mother Nature.

TPIN, I believe Valerian WILL help provided it does not interact with whatever meds you are on. You are "big" enough to do those checks.

In addition, note that good sleep is promoted by Serotinin and foods that contain Tryptophan (an essential amino acid) are ones that create serotonin in the body.

Lots of foods contain Tryptophan including turkey, nuts, seeds, tofu, cheese, red meat, chicken, fish, oats, beans, lentils, and eggs.

So, up your intake of these foods if they are permitted for your condition and that will likely help to make you sleep better.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 06:06 PM

The best way to relieve pain is to discover the cause.

I assume you have had various tests and investigations to try to determine that. Some back pain, for example, can be relieved by injections into the facet joints of the vertebrae.

What have your doctors said?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Try to remember that rest is almost as good as sleep
And so just rest your body as comfortably as you can

That mentality takes all the agitation out of insomnia and eventually you may drift off
Sometimes think I haven't slept well, turns out that it is the deep sleep bit, just lay back and rest and you will probably go off and get enough rest.
Try taking more exercise and where yourself out a bit, if that is not possible get up early instead of having that layin.
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 09:01 PM

I use magnesium citrate when I have trouble sleeping. It relaxes the muscles when I get painful cramps in my legs that are keeping me awake.
The added bonus of magnesium is that later the next day you won't be suffering from constipation. It really cleans you out.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Once again.......thanks.

After reviewing the advice I'm going to give Rhian and Pesta's ideas a try.

I've booked a full massage with Miss Aniston and she's agreed to use Lavender oils.

If I fall asleep I'll be furious.

Ps...pesta, was Miss Aniston a guess?
She's my ideal woman......always liked her.
Hands off!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Singling out "herbal remedies" is pure tosh and a typical "establishment" response......
No it's a response to a particular herbal remedy mentioned in the context of this thread and this topic.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2016, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
No it's a response to a particular herbal remedy mentioned in the context of this thread and this topic.
As I said, tosh.

If the poster had said "I always like to eat some slices of Turkey shortly before going to bed"

You would have stayed silent and not for one iota thought of saying:

"You need to be careful Tpin. Turkey has the potential for adverse interactions with analgesic drugs (painkillers)"

You are so far entrenched in the established medical conditioning you knee-jerk at the slightest hint of natural remedies, which is somewhat sad TBH.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top