Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
zoolady100
Warkworth, Canada
zoolady100 is female 

20-07-2013, 12:35 PM

Re: Feeding plants

Hi We have an Oscar in a 75 gallon aquarium & he poops A LOT!
I have to syphon a portion of the tank 2x week. Once/week is just pail & smaller syphon, that way I can take pails out with lots of nice poopy water to water my fav plants with
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2013, 06:07 PM

Earlier this year I bought some bags of 6X organic fertilizer, not the pelleted variety but the fibrous version , not stocked locally, had to get it delivered . Fabulous stuff, really gives all flowers and veg a boost. Only thing about it is the odour> well, more of a smell> well, more of a stench , well lets be honest it can best be described as a violent miasma. The manufacturer warns not to store open bags in the shed or greenhouse as they will make your eyes water, and they are not wrong. I think the plants grow so fast to try and get away from it. Can thoroughly recommend it although your neighbours might just wonder if there is a problem with the local sewers.

Can be found via Google
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2013, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
Earlier this year I bought some bags of 6X organic fertilizer, not the pelleted variety but the fibrous version , not stocked locally, had to get it delivered . Fabulous stuff, really gives all flowers and veg a boost. Only thing about it is the odour> well, more of a smell> well, more of a stench , well lets be honest it can best be described as a violent miasma. The manufacturer warns not to store open bags in the shed or greenhouse as they will make your eyes water, and they are not wrong. I think the plants grow so fast to try and get away from it. Can thoroughly recommend it although your neighbours might just wonder if there is a problem with the local sewers.

Can be found via Google
Thanks Eric I will look it up.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2013, 10:42 PM

Best ferttilizer you can use for all types of veg is comfrey.

You can grow your own, put it with water or in your compost heap.

Just pick the leaves let it flower the bees love it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top