Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 06:47 PM

Lack of sleep....solutions?

I suffer quite severe back and neck problems which requires injections every so often.
These help relieve the pain to a point but I need to take painkillers when it gets too uncomfortable.

I've always been dead against them as I believe masking pain isn't good and can cause greater, longterm problems.

I'm now down to about 4-5 hours sleep per day which isn't enough.
My days seem to merge into one, not enough sleep to seperate them.

Does anyone know of a natural sleeping remedy?
Or tablets without too many side-effects?

Tia

T
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 07:43 PM

Re: Lack of sleep....solutions?

You could try Valerian.
In tablet form...meant to be very effective.

http://lovelygreens.com/2012/08/grow...sleep-aid.html

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...sules-60097267
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 07:56 PM

You need to be careful Tpin.

Even herbal medicines such as Valerial have the potential for adverse interactions with analgesic drugs (painkillers)

Check with your GP before taking any 'self prescribed' remedies.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 08:21 PM

Try printing off some of UJ's posts and reading them in bed.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
You need to be careful Tpin.

Even herbal medicines such as Valerial have the potential for adverse interactions with analgesic drugs (painkillers)

Check with your GP before taking any 'self prescribed' remedies.
I agree pats I have just chucked out my valerian it was helping me sleep but according to my GP was making my pain relief work less well making me take more to get the same effect.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 08:34 PM

Hi Tpin I have a problem involving a pain in my neck which I can only describe as a jagged nerve pain.
I find heat helpful , on a bad day I stand under a hot shower and let it play on my neck. This helps if I do it just before I go to sleep.
Try also a hot wheat pack.

It hasn't been too bad of late but when I can't sleep I find it is best not to lay there thinking about it . Get up and do something for half an hour then try to sleep again.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 08:34 PM

I fall asleep when my eyes get tired. This can be caused by computer work or by reading. Do you read when you are in bed? It doesn't take me long to nod off when my head is in my Kindle, especially when the lights are down and I'm only relying on the Kindle led light to display the text.

Never know it might help.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 08:42 PM

Thanks for all the advice/suggestions.

Tbh it's draining me so I'll try anything and everything til I find something that works/helps......even LD's idea.

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 08:53 PM

I usually find my partner's relentless droning on about the EU, has a soperific effect

Not dissimilar to listening to football on the radio, which I did during the world cup.

Failing that, Superdrug and Boots sell over the counter sleeping tablets.
They are only available from the pharmacy ... 'Sleep Aid' or something akin to that
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 08:57 PM

Try to remember that rest is almost as good as sleep
And so just rest your body as comfortably as you can

That mentality takes all the agitation out of insomnia and eventually you may drift off

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top