Join for free
Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 08:35 AM

Re: Not easy being American with Trump

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't understand how any British patriot would be pro a US president. How are the two compatible?
It's not a matter of compatibility it's his rejection of political correctness.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I like Trump!

He's so different to most of our politicians. He favours his own country in preference to any other, and that is something that many of our MPs fail to do. Most of them favour themselves before anything else!

After Obama, I should have thought that all true Americans would be pleased to have Trump.

Out of interest, what specifically do you think Trump does wrongly?
A true American, what is that?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
A true American, what is that?
An American citizen who is proud of his country and puts it first especially by protecting it from invasion by low life scrounging and / or criminal scum and stamping down with great force on the home grown equivalents.

The present POTUS is a prime example. The previous, Barack Hussein, was the precise opposite.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
I think Trump is a megalomaniac, but we all have our cross to bear we have Boris and worse still we might get landed with Corbyn. However, I don't think either is as dangerous for the UK as Trump is for the USA
Britain has rewritten the Laws of Physics by managing to combine total inaction with absolute chaos in three years of Brexit which is something no American President has managed to do on any issue
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Britain has rewritten the Laws of Physics by managing to combine total inaction with absolute chaos in three years of Brexit which is something no American President has managed to do on any issue
I can't argue with that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Yes, the treacherous Mrs May has achieved a great deal during her 3 years as PM, and even more during her tenure of HS.

For some reason, she seems to think that she should be congratulated for that.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
And she can then twist them to suit her agenda.....
Or, more likely, won't cite any.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't understand how any British patriot would be pro a US president. How are the two compatible?
It's quite simple really.

With the EU mandarins doing all they can to oppose us, we need all the friends we can get.

Trump has said that he'll support us and we certainly need to encourage such offers.

In addition, I foresee the EU countries leaving NATO when their EU Army is formed and brought to fruition. We should maintain our NATO alliance with America and, of course, Canada.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's quite simple really.

With the EU mandarins doing all they can to oppose us, we need all the friends we can get.

Trump has said that he'll support us and we certainly need to encourage such offers.

In addition, I foresee the EU countries leaving NATO when their EU Army is formed and brought to fruition. We should maintain our NATO alliance with America and, of course, Canada.
Help from that White House cretin would really put the UK up the creek without a paddle. We need the EU and they need us.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2019, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's not a matter of compatibility it's his rejection of political correctness.
That's not the case. He rejects some maybe. But he's selectively very pc in his statements.

Page 8 of 15 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top