Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 24,056
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-04-2021, 11:42 AM
1

Brino

Hi

Loads of posts about the Boris Deal being BRINO.

It is not

It is a brutal, hard nosed Brexit one step away from No Deal and WTO Rules.

It gives some respite to our manufacturing, Boris needs to maintain the Red Wall.

Other than that is is a complete cut off.
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-04-2021, 12:46 PM
2

Re: Brino

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Loads of posts about the Boris Deal being BRINO.

It is not

It is a brutal, hard nosed Brexit one step away from No Deal and WTO Rules.

It gives some respite to our manufacturing, Boris needs to maintain the Red Wall.

Other than that is is a complete cut off.

It's one step that hasn't yet been formally agreed by the EU either.


There will always be those that are disgruntled with Brexit and that was bound to be the case from the moment a vote on membership became a reality.

The few vocal protagonists in these forums determined to imagine something which doesn't exist are only displaying their own failures, which in itself wouldn't be anything other than amusing were it not for the way they sometimes deliberately troll both the forum and other users who point out their failures and errors.

That's why they keep harping on about Brino in various threads; to provoke a negative reaction in response.
The common word for such behaviour is of course trolling.
Tedc's Avatar
Tedc
Senior Member
Tedc is offline
Berkshire, UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,872
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-04-2021, 01:25 PM
3

Re: Brino

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
It's one step that hasn't yet been formally agreed by the EU either.


There will always be those that are disgruntled with Brexit and that was bound to be the case from the moment a vote on membership became a reality.

The few vocal protagonists in these forums determined to imagine something which doesn't exist are only displaying their own failures, which in itself wouldn't be anything other than amusing were it not for the way they sometimes deliberately troll both the forum and other users who point out their failures and errors.

That's why they keep harping on about Brino in various threads; to provoke a negative reaction in response.
The common word for such behaviour is of course trolling.
One of the great things about being on a great forum, like this one, is that we mortals can wax on about anything, we are not happy with, without always having to put up with the views of forum experts.

The point being, that the experts are apt to make mistakes, as well, especially in trying to get to grips with the tact & diplomacy utilised by the EU.

Most of us have some satisfaction, and some pain, from what we've seen over several years.

We're allowed to vent our spleen!

Don't presume to knock it!

Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-04-2021, 01:47 PM
4

Re: Brino

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
One of the great things about being on a great forum, like this one, is that we mortals can wax on about anything, we are not happy with, without always having to put up with the views of forum experts.

The point being, that the experts are apt to make mistakes, as well, especially in trying to get to grips with the tact & diplomacy utilised by the EU.

Most of us have some satisfaction, and some pain, from what we've seen over several years.

We're allowed to vent our spleen!

Don't presume to knock it!


I have absolutely zero problem with people "venting their spleen" and as you say that's what forums like this are all about.
Long may that last, too.
I'm certainly not knocking that.

But trolling is a different thing altogether and both you and I know that a certain few are in fact trolling parts of this forum on a regular basis.
As above, there's no other reasonable way to describe their actions.

You can't fail to have noticed how nasty it gets too.
That is something that anybody wanting to enjoy the forum sholud point out and object to because it not only spoils the forum but it dissuades others from participating in certain parts of the forum, and that is unfair.

Being an open forum I'm allowed to point out and object to such behaviour too.
To "wax on about anything we're not happy with", as you say.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 24,056
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-04-2021, 01:50 PM
5

Re: Brino

Hi

I disagree with many.

I do hope however that they do not think that I am trolling.
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-04-2021, 01:53 PM
6

Re: Brino

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I disagree with many.

I do hope however that they do not think that I am trolling.
I can't describe any of your posts as seeking deliberately to provoke an angry negative response (i.e. trolling) Swimmy, unlike some who post in here.

There's one of the guilty members.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Donkeyman is offline
Melton,United Kingdom
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 9,088
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-04-2021, 01:57 PM
7

Re: Brino

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Loads of posts about the Boris Deal being BRINO.

It is not

It is a brutal, hard nosed Brexit one step away from No Deal and WTO Rules.

It gives some respite to our manufacturing, Boris needs to maintain the Red Wall.

Other than that is is a complete cut off.
What do you mean Swimmy?
Trade continues almost as before ?
Fishing continues exactly as before ?
Ireland has always been a problem ! and still is ?
EU is still bossing us around !
We still continue to make payments to EU !
What IS different ??
Oh l forgot, apparently we can make deals anywhere !!
And the illega!l migrants have got worse. !!
And they call it BREXIT ???

Donkeyman! 👎🤗🤗👎
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is offline
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 24,056
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-04-2021, 02:04 PM
8

Re: Brino

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
What do you mean Swimmy?
Trade continues almost as before ?
Fishing continues exactly as before ?
Ireland has always been a problem ! and still is ?
EU is still bossing us around !
We still continue to make payments to EU !
What IS different ??
Oh l forgot, apparently we can make deals anywhere !!
And the illega!l migrants have got worse. !!
And they call it BREXIT ???

Donkeyman! 👎🤗🤗👎
Hi

We are no longer subject to EU Rules.

We no longer make annual payments for membership.

The only things we pay are legacy payments we owe, we do not pay a penny more.

We now pay for our own Border Controls and WTO Tariffs.

Well, in theory, in practice we do not collect Tariffs from the EU because we are not ready to do so.

This annoys me intensely, I would not give the EU an inch or a penny.

They can swan off.
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-04-2021, 02:18 PM
9

Re: Brino

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are no longer subject to EU Rules.

We no longer make annual payments for membership.

The only things we pay are legacy payments we owe, we do not pay a penny more.

We now pay for our own Border Controls and WTO Tariffs.

Well, in theory, in practice we do not collect Tariffs from the EU because we are not ready to do so.

This annoys me intensely, I would not give the EU an inch or a penny.

They can swan off.
IMHO it's the very first thing on your list there that some people don't understand and will disagree with; "we are no longer subject to EU rules".
Despite it being repeatedly explained and despite seeing what's happening with vaccines too.

Tedc's Avatar
Tedc
Senior Member
Tedc is offline
Berkshire, UK
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,872
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-04-2021, 02:23 PM
10

Re: Brino

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I disagree with many.

I do hope however that they do not think that I am trolling.
A good point, in my opinion, Swim.

Sometimes a forum debate can "warm up" just as it did back in the old days, when we could sit, in the pub, and debate/argue about this that & everything.

It's, surely, a fact of life, that when anyone feels a challenge, on something they believe strongly in, emotions can rise.

I don't like the word "trolling" (making a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them) but, I do get wound up, myself, occasionally.

It's just, in most cases, a natural human response.

"Walk on By", as they say!"

 
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.