Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-04-2021, 11:31 AM
11

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Excellent article Zaphod, and I was wrong to doubt James....I think we should have an apology from Solasch too for misleading us...
It's a habit from not only him but from other EUrophiles in here.
It's obvious from such actions that they're really, really fearful for their futures in EUland IMHO.
So they should be, too.
But disrupting a forum because of it is not going to help them.
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 8,963
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-04-2021, 01:18 PM
12

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
James Dyson isn’t a Brexit hypocrite

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...-hypocrite/amp
The commentator seems to miss an important point.

“It would be downright stupid to think we could build our own automotive manufacturing plant from scratch, procure billions of pounds worth of components, and establish new production methods for automotive and battery technology, while our management team sat 7,000 miles away with an eight hour time difference. That would be reckless,” he said.

Sounds good, but that decision was made after he told the people working at hullavington that they wouldn't be developing and building his electric car. He would be doing that in singapore.

And yes, then it makes sense to relocate management too. But it still is fleeing the UK because of brexit.
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-04-2021, 01:38 PM
13

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The commentator seems to miss an important point.
No.
YOU missed the point.
As Dyson himself said: if your main market is in that part of the world, why on earth would you keep transporting goods unnecessarily half-way around the world twice?

Your beliefs and misconceptions are getting more and more ridiculous, to the extent that your hatred of our country is becoming apparent in favour of reasoned debate.
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,207
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-04-2021, 01:43 PM
14

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Excellent article Zaphod, and I was wrong to doubt James....I think we should have an apology from Solasch too for misleading us...
It’s from the Spectator which is hardly unbiased when it comes to Brexit. The BBC fact checking paints a different picture in regards some of Dyson's claims.
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-04-2021, 01:51 PM
15

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
It’s from the Spectator which is hardly unbiased when it comes to Brexit. The BBC fact checking paints a different picture in regards some of Dyson's claims.
It would if they were indeed facts.
They're not - but naturally since you talk of bias you would rather believe the blatantly pro-EU BBC, wouldn't you?
It's not widely-known as the Brussels Broadcasting Corps for nothing you know.
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 8,963
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-04-2021, 02:36 PM
16

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
No.
YOU missed the point.
As Dyson himself said: if your main market is in that part of the world, why on earth would you keep transporting goods unnecessarily half-way around the world twice?

Your beliefs and misconceptions are getting more and more ridiculous, to the extent that your hatred of our country is becoming apparent in favour of reasoned debate.
You have a valid point there. If components for his electric car were produced in the far east, and shipped to the UK to be assembled, the car would not meet rules of origin and exports to the EU would not be tarif free. It is an important issue for the car industry I have been informed by bread. So inquire with him if in need of further information.
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-04-2021, 02:39 PM
17

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You have a valid point there. If components for his electric car were produced in the far east, and shipped to the UK to be assembled, the car would not meet rules of origin and exports to the EU would not be tarif free. It is an important issue for the car industry I have been informed by bread. So inquire with him if in need of further information.
Ta but no need, you seem to have at long last grasped at least a basic understanding.


Quite why the need to comment upon British entrepeneurs who regardless of spin or bias make huge contributions to the UK's economy is a little puzzling.
Don't you have Dutch or even EU equivalents?
If you do, are they somehow superhuman and always correct in everything they do and say?
Muddy's Avatar
Muddy
Chatterbox
Muddy is offline
UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 31,286
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-04-2021, 02:45 PM
18

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

The plans got the jet landing was scuppered by the locals complaint . I don’t know why Stanton St Quentin is not that quiet it’s not far for. The M4 motorway .
Hullavington was a former RAF base .
Solasch's Avatar
Solasch
Chatterbox
Solasch is offline
Netherlands
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 8,963
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-04-2021, 03:18 PM
19

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Ta but no need, you seem to have at long last grasped at least a basic understanding.


Quite why the need to comment upon British entrepeneurs who regardless of spin or bias make huge contributions to the UK's economy is a little puzzling.
Don't you have Dutch or even EU equivalents?
If you do, are they somehow superhuman and always correct in everything they do and say?
Try knocking on the door of Martinistraße 48, in Bremen, Germany?
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-04-2021, 03:20 PM
20

Re: Brexit set free james dyson

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Try knocking on the door of Martinistraße 48, in Bremen, Germany?
This is a UK-based forum and the subheading is Brexit Solly.
To remind you: this thread is about Sir James Dyson.
Let's keep it to that please instead of you trying to derail this as you do other threads.
Or do you just not understand overt sarcasm?

 
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.