Join for free
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-05-2021, 06:13 PM
131

Re: Remainers

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Strange then you are spending so much energy on an organisation that doesn't effect/affect you 🤣
I live in the UK Solly.
Brexit affects me.
Not you.
The whole subforum is about Brexit but don't let a little thing like fact stop your deception.
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,207
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-05-2021, 06:34 PM
132

Re: Remainers

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, you are wrong on that one.

Democracy is important.

We voted Leave, that has to be respected.

I am not a Boris supporter.

I think he is a lying, opportunistic git.

It was his job to deliver on the Referendum.

He did that.

Did he do it well?

Nope, a disaster, but the important thing is that he did what we plebs voted for.

That is Democracy. it is important to me.
It doesn’t seem that you like democracy and seem to want a dictatorship. The right of peaceful opposition underpins democracy as does freedom of speach
Zaphod's Avatar
Zaphod
Senior Member
Zaphod is offline
Lincs UK
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 3,990
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
02-05-2021, 06:40 PM
133

Re: Remainers

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
It doesn’t seem that you like democracy and seem to want a dictatorship. The right of peaceful opposition underpins democracy as does freedom of speach
You hit the nail on the head there, probably unwittingly.

"Peaceful opposition" is one thing but trying to overturn a democtatic decision certainly isn't, and IMHO much of what we've all seen since the referendum falls much closer to that than to any "peaceful opposition".
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,207
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
03-05-2021, 06:44 AM
134

Re: Remainers

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
You hit the nail on the head there, probably unwittingly.

"Peaceful opposition" is one thing but trying to overturn a democtatic decision certainly isn't, and IMHO much of what we've all seen since the referendum falls much closer to that than to any "peaceful opposition".
Do you mean protests like this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OjCf0eDnQoQ

Or this

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...161.html%3famp

In contrast to this

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...k-36692990.amp

Of which was said. “There is barely an organiser in sight and what police presence there is is very low-key - but this outpouring of feeling is also quintessentially British: Calm, polite and orderly.
Cinderella's Avatar
Cinderella
Chatterbox
Cinderella is offline
East Anglia, UK
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,768
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
03-05-2021, 07:57 AM
135

Re: Remainers

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Do you mean protests like this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OjCf0eDnQoQ

Or this

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...161.html%3famp

In contrast to this

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...k-36692990.amp

Of which was said. “There is barely an organiser in sight and what police presence there is is very low-key - but this outpouring of feeling is also quintessentially British: Calm, polite and orderly.
The protest has been organised hastily, with a call put out on social media less than a week ago. Probably the reason it went off peacefully.
Banchory
Senior Member
Banchory is offline
Kent
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,207
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
03-05-2021, 08:39 AM
136

Re: Remainers

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The protest has been organised hastily, with a call put out on social media less than a week ago. Probably the reason it went off peacefully.
I thought that nowadays all rallies and protest marches are organised via social media as that gives the most widespread notification so I don’t see that as a reason

The overriding impression from searching the internet is that violence is usually associated with the presence of far right Brexit supporting nationalists and strangely seems to be more prevalent at pro Brexit rallies

It also seems that there is less trouble when the policing is undertaken with a light touch
Cinderella's Avatar
Cinderella
Chatterbox
Cinderella is offline
East Anglia, UK
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,768
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
03-05-2021, 08:50 AM
137

Re: Remainers

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I thought that nowadays all rallies and protest marches are organised via social media as that gives the most widespread notification so I don’t see that as a reason

The overriding impression from searching the internet is that violence is usually associated with the presence of far right Brexit supporting nationalists and strangely seems to be more prevalent at pro Brexit rallies

It also seems that there is less trouble when the policing is undertaken with a light touch
Less than a week before it took place, no time for any trouble makers to get organised.
Cinderella's Avatar
Cinderella
Chatterbox
Cinderella is offline
East Anglia, UK
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 6,768
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
03-05-2021, 09:16 AM
138

Re: Remainers

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=74754

Could police intelligence be orchestrating some of the trouble at protests..
 
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.