Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel's Avatar
Artangel
Chatterbox
Artangel is offline
UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 21,097
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 05:48 PM
21

Re: Over indulged.

Carol, I am more interested in... who took the photo?
Did you waylay a waiter? A passerby? Or was there more of you dining together?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Dextrous63 is offline
Manchester, UK
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,727
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 05:52 PM
22

Re: Over indulged.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Carol, I am more interested in... who took the photo?
Did you waylay a waiter? A passerby? Or was there more of you dining together?
I'm more curious about the lack of placemats and coasters. Is this some kind of covid thing???
UkGameCoder's Avatar
UkGameCoder
Senior Member
UkGameCoder is offline
UK
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 478
UkGameCoder is male 
 
28-07-2021, 05:52 PM
23

Re: Over indulged.

Originally Posted by carol ->
Good thing it's a picture & not in the flesh!
Er, next time you go down to that camp bed of yours, be sure to roll back the sheets before you turn the light out to make sure there's nobody under them!
carol's Avatar
carol
Chatterbox
carol is offline
Derbyshire.
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,869
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 05:54 PM
24

Re: Over indulged.

There was only Jean & myself dining. She's the friend I might have mentioned who lost her husband to Alzheimer's a few months ago. It was her birthday - the first without her beloved. I was trying to cheer her up..

We were at the 15th century Hardwick Inn in Derbyshire. brilliant food & excellent service. The service even included taking photo's for guests.

Yes Art we asked the waitress & she was more than happy to oblige.
Artangel's Avatar
Artangel
Chatterbox
Artangel is offline
UK
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 21,097
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 05:56 PM
25

Re: Over indulged.

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I'm more curious about the lack of placemats and coasters. Is this some kind of covid thing???
....rushes back to view pic!!

These are my findings... Carol, you have a lovely complexion.
I think your friends hair was newly cut and set.
Only one table mat?
You were both drinking ginger ale or similar?

I wonder what the people behind you both, were chatting about? One was looking at his ?mobile phone.
carol's Avatar
carol
Chatterbox
carol is offline
Derbyshire.
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,869
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 05:56 PM
26

Re: Over indulged.

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Er, next time you go down to that camp bed of yours, be sure to roll back the sheets before you turn the light out to make sure there's nobody under them!
@ Coder.
UkGameCoder's Avatar
UkGameCoder
Senior Member
UkGameCoder is offline
UK
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 478
UkGameCoder is male 
 
28-07-2021, 05:59 PM
27

Re: Over indulged.

Originally Posted by carol ->
There was only Jean & myself dining. She's the friend I might have mentioned who lost her husband to Alzheimer's a few months ago. It was her birthday - the first without her beloved. I was trying to cheer her up..
Looks like you did a great job, Carol! Please give her my best wishes.
carol's Avatar
carol
Chatterbox
carol is offline
Derbyshire.
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,869
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 05:59 PM
28

Re: Over indulged.

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I'm more curious about the lack of placemats and coasters. Is this some kind of covid thing???
You're right Dex - no place mats or coasters.

The cutlery was brought to us on a narrow white ceramic tray & all condiments - mayo etc was in little white ceramic pots.
carol's Avatar
carol
Chatterbox
carol is offline
Derbyshire.
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,869
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 06:01 PM
29

Re: Over indulged.

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Looks like you did a great job, Carol! Please give her my best wishes.
Aw thanks Coder. I did my best.
UkGameCoder's Avatar
UkGameCoder
Senior Member
UkGameCoder is offline
UK
Joined: Jun 2021
Posts: 478
UkGameCoder is male 
 
28-07-2021, 06:09 PM
30

Re: Over indulged.

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think your friends hair was newly cut and set.
Actually, she was trying to get it to look like mine, but luckily for her, she dropped the hair dryer just in time!
 
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.