Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Harbal's Avatar
Harbal
Senior Member
Harbal is offline
South Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 3,092
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 05:59 PM
1

My Friend

When kids have imaginary friends, it might be because they donít have any real friends, but it wasnít like that with me. I had friends when I was a kid, but as I got older I just drifted away from them and eventually stopped having friends altogether. Thatís when I got my imaginary friend; his name is Peter Axminster.

No one could have asked for a better friend than Peter. We were never apart, and always saw eye to eye on everything. But recently I said something very unkind to Peter, and now he wonít speak to me. He just sits on the sofa saying nothing.

I deeply regret upsetting Peter, and I have apologised countless times, but he just refuses to have anything to do with me any more. This made me very sad at first, but now it is starting to annoy me. It is up to Peter if he wants to ignore me, but I think it a bit much for him to do it while sitting on my sofa. I never thought it would come to this, but I am seriously thinking about stopping imagining him.
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
SW England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 43,957
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 06:04 PM
2

Re: My Friend

Aw, so sorry to hear that you and Pete have fallen out. Has it anything to do with you opening the front door without your trousers again Harbal?
Harbal's Avatar
Harbal
Senior Member
Harbal is offline
South Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 3,092
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 06:06 PM
3

Re: My Friend

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Aw, so sorry to hear that you and Pete have fallen out. Has it anything to do with you opening the front door without your trousers again Harbal?
No, he said it was because I'm too sarcastic.
Maver-rik
Senior Member
Maver-rik is offline
London. England
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 235
Maver-rik is female  Maver-rik has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 06:07 PM
4

Re: My Friend

If you decide to stop imaging Peter I can probably accommodate him. I ran a small rescue centre for abandoned/unwanted imaginary friends.
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
SW England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 43,957
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 06:08 PM
5

Re: My Friend

Originally Posted by Maver-rik ->
If you decide to stop imaging Peter I can probably accommodate him. I ran a small rescue centre for abandoned/unwanted imaginary friends.
Bless you.
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 42,850
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 06:10 PM
6

Re: My Friend

Harbal I would just elbow Peter off the sofa onto the floor and not look at him again...problem solved..
Harbal's Avatar
Harbal
Senior Member
Harbal is offline
South Yorkshire
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 3,092
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 06:10 PM
7

Re: My Friend

Originally Posted by Maver-rik ->
If you decide to stop imaging Peter I can probably accommodate him. I ran a small rescue centre for abandoned/unwanted imaginary friends.
I would have to vet the place first, but if it's okay, I'll think him over to you.
Meg's Avatar
Meg
Supervisor
Meg is offline
Worcestershire
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 42,850
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 06:12 PM
8

Re: My Friend

Originally Posted by Maver-rik ->
If you decide to stop imaging Peter I can probably accommodate him. I ran a small rescue centre for abandoned/unwanted imaginary friends.
That's so kind Mav have you got room for my friend Maud who refuses to go into the garden when I tell her too..
pauline3
Chatterbox
pauline3 is offline
Hampshire UK
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 10,708
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 06:13 PM
9

Re: My Friend

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
When kids have imaginary friends, it might be because they donít have any real friends, but it wasnít like that with me. I had friends when I was a kid, but as I got older I just drifted away from them and eventually stopped having friends altogether. Thatís when I got my imaginary friend; his name is Peter Axminster.

No one could have asked for a better friend than Peter. We were never apart, and always saw eye to eye on everything. But recently I said something very unkind to Peter, and now he wonít speak to me. He just sits on the sofa saying nothing.

I deeply regret upsetting Peter, and I have apologised countless times, but he just refuses to have anything to do with me any more. This made me very sad at first, but now it is starting to annoy me. It is up to Peter if he wants to ignore me, but I think it a bit much for him to do it while sitting on my sofa. I never thought it would come to this, but I am seriously thinking about stopping imagining him.


Are you sure they didnít drift away from you, i couldnít possibly think why they would do such a thing though.


I wouldnít like to be Peter, as any minute now I think he may need to duck,

I must say I do like these type of stories, I tried to ignore you, but something pulled me in..

It must have been Peter,
Longdogs's Avatar
Longdogs
Chatterbox
Longdogs is offline
SW England
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 43,957
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
28-07-2021, 06:16 PM
10

Re: My Friend

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Are you sure they didnít drift away from you, i couldnít possibly think why they would do such a thing though.


I wouldnít like to be Peter, as any minute now I think he may need to duck,

I must say I do like these type of stories, I tried to ignore you, but something pulled me in..
Harbal's fishing rod
 
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.