Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2021, 11:22 PM

Re: screen hood

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
D00d is correct though Minx....that fluffy thing is actually known as a "deadcat". Its awful, I know, but that's the name of it

Really?
What a strange (and rather unpleasant) name.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
So did my Granddad. I told RS that on one of his other threads, but I didn't get a response.
I bet he was tickled. 😐
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
ju
st came this afternoon
That looks like something you could knock up in five minutes with some cardboard/plastic, felt and elastic.

BTW I think this sudden urge for Canon and Sony to attach the battery externally to the back of their cameras makes them look clumsy and almost renders the eye piece unusable. Hence the need for a screen hood. It's a very poor design feature.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
D00d is correct though Minx....that fluffy thing is actually known as a "deadcat". Its awful, I know, but that's the name of it
But it’s not an actual dead cat now is it? Because that would be just ghastly
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
But it’s not an actual dead cat now is it? Because that would be just ghastly
No its a merkin.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That looks like something you could knock up in five minutes with some cardboard/plastic, felt and elastic.

BTW I think this sudden urge for Canon and Sony to attach the battery externally to the back of their cameras makes them look clumsy and almost renders the eye piece unusable. Hence the need for a screen hood. It's a very poor design feature.
The eyepiece extends out and up

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top